Thread: AK Gun Smith

Default AK Gun Smith

Looking for a good gun smith to install a 300 Win Mag. Lija Barrel, HS stock/Bed and true the action. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with Artic Gun works? Looking for places in Fairbanks or Anchorage.

Guess that depends on where you are...Gary Junk/Arctic Gunworks in Fairbanks is recommended by many here, and I've had good results with the work I've asked him to do. Wild West guns in Anchorage is another reputable gunshop, and while I've never had them do smith work, they get good reviews here and they're a site sponsor, so a tip of the hat goes their way as well.

Thanks, Just wanted to see if the standard of quality at Artic Guns was up there. I had only heard one negative customer report. Has anyone had the Artic coating put on their gun? I am looking for a black or OD green matte finish for the action and barrel.

Steve at Alaska Custom Firearms is as good as anyone, on Old Seward, north of Dimond.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by onehook View Post
    Thanks, Just wanted to see if the standard of quality at Artic Guns was up there. I had only heard one negative customer report. Has anyone had the Artic coating put on their gun? I am looking for a black or OD green matte finish for the action and barrel.

i have the matte balck on my Sako. it has not given me any issues.. and sure took care of the surface rusting issues i had on while I lived near the salt water....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by onehook View Post
    Looking for a good gun smith to install a 300 Win Mag. Lija Barrel, HS stock/Bed and true the action. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with Artic Gun works? Looking for places in Fairbanks or Anchorage.
    Another Anchorage option is Precision Arms. Vince has been good to me.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    Another Anchorage option is Precision Arms. Vince has been good to me.

never been there.. myself... but i like the guy already
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by jfisk375 View Post
    Steve at Alaska Custom Firearms is as good as anyone, on Old Seward, north of Dimond.
    I second that.

I had a very bad experience with Arctic Gun Works.

Default mine is coated

got mine coated at arctic gun works and he did a great job(scope mounts and all!!) good price and good turn around