Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Where to get him wacked......

  1. #1
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default Where to get him wacked......

    okay... so the ol boy needs a trimming...


    the wife has been using McKinley animal hospital off college road...

    the Weiner dog cost 179.00 to be fix.. and made a weinerlessdog..(sorry)

    The griffon with his issues is NOT a breeder and need to be fixed also but at 259.00 there has to be a cheaper place... in Fairbanks/north pole area...


    so who has the affordable snips?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  2. #2
    Member Huntress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there.....
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Vince call the FNSB Animal control, 459-1451 and ask them who does low cost neuters in the area.



    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    okay... so the ol boy needs a trimming...


    the wife has been using McKinley animal hospital off college road...

    the Weiner dog cost 179.00 to be fix.. and made a weinerlessdog..(sorry)

    The griffon with his issues is NOT a breeder and need to be fixed also but at 259.00 there has to be a cheaper place... in Fairbanks/north pole area...


    so who has the affordable snips?
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

  3. #3
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    Vince call the FNSB Animal control, 459-1451 and ask them who does low cost neuters in the area.
    I will have kim call... they will be all like..

    hey vince come on in... na... don't bring the dog... we'll get ya all fixed up...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  4. #4
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    I'll sell you a pair of scissors, cheap.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    FAI
    Posts
    2,294

    Default Snip

    The Spay Neuter clinic does it for about $75.00. We had our lab done there. Not sure of the number, and the wife is in bed, but either the vet or dog pound will know.
    A local vet provides the service. It is pretty bare bones, to the point, no frills service. Takes the vet all of about 3 seconds to get the job done, then you sit with your dog while they wake up.
    As far as I am concerned all the vets are way over priced. Grrr.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    The Spay Neuter clinic does it for about $75.00. We had our lab done there. Not sure of the number, and the wife is in bed, but either the vet or dog pound will know.
    A local vet provides the service. It is pretty bare bones, to the point, no frills service. Takes the vet all of about 3 seconds to get the job done, then you sit with your dog while they wake up.
    As far as I am concerned all the vets are way over priced. Grrr.

    They have to try to pay off all those college bills. I worked on a hog for for about 6 years and have done 1000's of hogs. I am sure its just as easy. Just need some sleepy pills and you should be golden. I wouldn't recomend if they are older though.

  7. #7
    Member 3CBRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    389

    Default

    From http://lovingcompanionsanimalrescue.org/ProjectSNIP.htm

    S.N.I.P

    (Spay and Neuter Interior's Pets)

    A low cost spay and neuter clinic that serves the interior of Alaska. Our program is open to the public, we keep our fees as cheap as possible, with special consideration for families in need. Please call us, we can help. This program is designed to reach not only the section of the population that can't afford the standard fees, but also those less motivated to sterilize their animals on account of cost prohibitive fees or unavailability of rural services. The goal of this project is to help eliminate the thousands of unwanted, homeless dogs and cats that are disposed of in the interior of Alaska because of over population and uncontrolled breeding.

    Call 322-1594, or if long distance (toll free), 1-888-ALT-SNIP (258-7647) to make an appointment. We will be having clinics on the 2nd Saturday of the month at the Ken Kunkel Community Center, Goldstream Rd.

  8. #8
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3CBRS View Post
    From http://lovingcompanionsanimalrescue.org/ProjectSNIP.htm

    S.N.I.P

    (Spay and Neuter Interior's Pets)

    A low cost spay and neuter clinic that serves the interior of Alaska. Our program is open to the public, we keep our fees as cheap as possible, with special consideration for families in need. Please call us, we can help. This program is designed to reach not only the section of the population that can't afford the standard fees, but also those less motivated to sterilize their animals on account of cost prohibitive fees or unavailability of rural services. The goal of this project is to help eliminate the thousands of unwanted, homeless dogs and cats that are disposed of in the interior of Alaska because of over population and uncontrolled breeding.

    Call 322-1594, or if long distance (toll free), 1-888-ALT-SNIP (258-7647) to make an appointment. We will be having clinics on the 2nd Saturday of the month at the Ken Kunkel Community Center, Goldstream Rd.
    thanks CBRS!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  9. #9
    Member 3CBRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    389

    Default

    You're welcome! Awhile back a friend had their Lab/Pointer spayed there & it was $75, but I'd think neutering would be a bit cheaper.

    There's also the ASPCA clinic in Anchorage if you're headed down that way - http://www.alaskaspca.org/SpayClinic.asp They charge $65 for neutering.

    Karen

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •