Thread: Sept North Slope Camo

Default Sept North Slope Camo

Hunting the haul road for two weeks in the middle of September this year. Last time I was up there in Sept. it was in the 50's and 60's but now I'm wondering if I should have some kind of snow camo along.

Any suggestions?? Should I bring some kind of white coverup. Cablelas is backordered on their white parkas. Open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Default camo

carharts.
    Unless you are bow hunting camo is not really needed, and even then I would still wear the duck brown carharts

Quote Originally Posted by akguy454 View Post
    carharts.
    Unless you are bow hunting camo is not really needed, and even then I would still wear the duck brown carharts

Yup! I'm bow hunting this year. This is my first hunt with my bow. Got the bow for christmas and got certified by the state this summer. Hoping for any advantage I can.

Thanks

Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, United States

by looking at the cams up there i would say some snow camo is going to be in order. You can get light cover suits for relitively cheap and they work well, could not find a buddy last year for over 20 minutes until i saw him shoot.

Default Painter's Coveralls

You don't need to spend a fortune on white Cabelas camo on the chance that it'll be white when you arrive. You can buy a cheap pair of white painter's coveralls at Wal Mart or any paint store. They're lightweight, cheap, and pack down to almost nothing. That way, if it isn't white while you're hunting, you're not out much. They're much noisier than fleece, and don't give you that sense of pride about great gear, though. Your call.

Default slope camo

Save your money....go down to the closest Army/Navy surplus and get you a set of snow camo pants/jacket. I can usually find them for around $20. Doesn't have to be new or fancy. If you get up there and the snow is there but sparse then just take a little dirt and wipe a little here and there on your white pants & jacket. Now you will blend right in. Get a large enough size to fit over your clothing. They are cheap and work good.

good luck.

Default Yep

I totally agree, I use a XXXL long sleeve-T that fits over my winter weight camo coat and a pair of XXXL scrubs for over pants. Thats what i have on in my pic. Got the whole set up for under $25 at wal-mart. If you wanted to get high tech you could draw some branches or brush with a sharpie.
    Bob

Become one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

Picked up my XXL painters coveralls yesterday for $10, thanks for the ideas guys. Now to cover my face.