Thread: Fishing near north pole

Default Fishing near north pole

I am new to alaska and i am looking at trying to go fishing this weekend. can someone give me some advice on where to go and what type of gear i will need. i do not have a boat so please keep that in mind. thanks in advance.

Default areas

there are a few other threads listed below that have all the info needed, but anyways you can hit some of the local ponds and streams, such as pile driver slough, bathing beaty pond, chena river, moose creek, most of those will have grayling and possibly some bows, and a few lakes around there have pike, i use a fly rod and nymphs, for pike i use the biggest black leech patterns that i can tie, also that tannana has burbot and pike, ive caught them at the mouth of moose creek where it conects with the tannana, use hearing for them. also when the time is right you can catch chums & kings out of chena river, also chena lakes has some good fishing, for land lock salmon, rainbows, dollies/char. hope this helps and good luck, also are you in the military?
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Default thanks

Yes i am stationed at fairbanks. thanks for the info. i will see what i can find. need to stay away from places that people might be shooting ducks and moose.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by ducksandbrew View Post
    Yes i am stationed at fairbanks. thanks for the info. i will see what i can find. need to stay away from places that people might be shooting ducks and moose.

anything on th echena river above north pole, the salcha, the tanana... ect... will be LOADED with moose hunters... Chean hotsprings road from about nordale out... will be loaded with road hunters.

to avoid gun fire ... staying nearer town will be the best advise at least until after labor day madness is over...

also check the weather before buying your non res licence... as they are only good for a short period.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

there is a small gravelpit on farmal road in north pole that has pike, the lakes behind greer tank and welding has pike and char, lakeview right across the street from the greer pond has pike, chena lakes has mostly little rainbows but sometimes some decent catchs

i fish all of these places but the best ones i get are out of a private lake thats at my work we slay some huge pike all the time, we always release them though so we can catch them again

honestly for all of these fish kastmasters work really well use large ones for pike and tiny ones for the other fish