Thread: Badlands Mag Fanny

Default Badlands Mag Fanny

I need to get me one of these. After walking 4 miles with a loaded 2200 this hunting season I definitely need something less restrictive and more geared to light weight hikes. This looks like it would work.

I have two of their packs and their atv saddle bags. Top quality stuff and this company has the best customer service I have ever encountered.

http://www.badlandspacks.com/magfanny.php

I always worry w/ camo things that size that I am going to set it down and not be able to find it again!

Perhaps this would be a better choice...

hey gremlin, have you considered the monster fanny??

Personally straight fannies with no shoulder straps kill me. they slip slide fall, droop, get hung up, and are generally a pain. The monster fanny with the open shoulder harness/yoke looks like it would fit the bill..

I have thought about that pack but I do not want a straps on my shoulders. When I shoulder my rifle straps tend to get in the way and the butstock wants to roll off the strap. When I wear my 2200 shouldering a rifle is a PITA. I havn't put my hands on either, and I might have to try both before making a decision either way.

I wish Badlands would come up with a way to strap a pistol holster to the belt of their packs. That would be slick.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    I wish Badlands would come up with a way to strap a pistol holster to the belt of their packs. That would be slick.
    There is a pistol holder on the pack already...at least it is on the 2800. Not as good as your custom rig, but if you didn't see it, just letting you know.

I've thought about this also and haven't taken the pack out and looked at what might be feasible. If I come up with something, I'll let you know.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I always worry w/ camo things that size that I am going to set it down and not be able to find it again!

Perhaps this would be a better choice...

with the dreads, and self rolly hanging... you should do fine with that Jon
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i lke a good fanny pack for hiking in... i can fold my scope and tripod and carry it under the strap... run my bull mag, off a strap and carry water, msr, soup and coffee for day runs. along with my blade and hand warmers.

shoulder straps are a MUST
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

my fanny has one shoulder strap...that would leave one shoulder open for your rifle...just because it has 2 doesn't mean you have to use both of them at the same time......

you can carry your pistol off of the strap....I've always hung my full size camera off of it and kept my .454 in the bandelero holster....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

WaterGremlin, the shoulder straps on the Badlands Monster Fanny are removeable, or they can be stored in a special compartment made for that purpose, if you choose not to use them. I can't imagine not using them, though. (I am one of those poor souls who were not blessed with hips, and regular fanny packs always end up below the 'fanny'!)

BTW, my Monster Fanny is absolutely like new, only having been gently used for 4 days of deer hunting last season. If you'd be interested in doing some kind of trade for your 2200, drop me a PM.

Thanks.
    Jeff

Not the new fancy mag fanny but camofire has the snow camo monster fanny for under $65 today!
    www.camofire.com/

Saw that and almost pulled the trigger but I don't do any winter hunting and that thing would sure stick out on a fall hunt. That's a killer deal on that fanny and if it were in a regular camo pattern i'd "pull the trigger".

James, did you pull the trigger on this?

I too am lookin for somethin smaller to carry all the essentials and still be able to wear it loaded while in a raft without it becoming a pain.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    James, did you pull the trigger on this?

I too am lookin for somethin smaller to carry all the essentials and still be able to wear it loaded while in a raft without it becoming a pain.

MAN I LIKE A BIG FANNY!!!!

(leaves door open.......)

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    MAN I LIKE A BIG FANNY!!!!
    Nothin beats a nice big fanny. Able to handle the right sized load, roomy, keeps out the junk.

I know SW carries a few things from BL, but has anyone seen the Mag Fanny?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I bought the mag fanny while at an AZ SW about a month back. Capacity is roughly 900 cubic inches and has 7 pockets which is plenty for predator calling or short day trips. The magnets hold the flaps down very nicely and secure. You will not have to worry about the flaps popping open. I took an ice fishing foam pad and tied it to the daisy chain on the small outter pocket with p-cord. When I'm walking to the next calling stand it dangles behind me and not once has the outter pocket flap opened up.

Two complaints so far. The fabric around the magnetics is starting to fail in one spot. I'm not too concerned, I'll put some goop on it to slow the tear, and once it falls apart I'll send it back to Badlands for repair or replacement. Also, and most importantly, I wish BL would figure out a way to strap a holster on their packs. Or at the very least integrate a generic holster on ALL of their packs kinda like the superday and 2800.

The price is hefty but I'm very happy with the fanny.

I bought the mag fanny while at an AZ SW about a month back. Capacity is roughly 900 cubic inches and has 7 pockets which is plenty for predator calling or short day trips. The magnets hold the flaps down very nicely and secure. You will not have to worry about the flaps popping open. I took an ice fishing foam pad and tied it to the daisy chain on the small outter pocket with p-cord. When I'm walking to the next calling stand it dangles behind me and not once has the outter pocket flap opened up.

My only complaint so far is the fabric around the magnetics is starting to fail in one spot. I'm not too concerned, I'll put some goop on it to slow the tear, and once it falls apart I'll send it back to Badlands for repair or replacement.

The price is hefty but I'm very happy with the fanny.
    so i keep looking at all this gear with magnents.... in the pockets, flaps, etc

how do they/or not affect the GPS or other electronics? Cell phones? MP3? etc etc. etc...

meet on face book here

There is a warning sign on the fanny stating not to wear this product if you have a pace maker.

I carry my camera in the mag fanny and have not experienced any problems with the memory card. Uh that reminds me, my camera has been sitting in the fanny for the past week. Still havn't tried a GPS or cell phone in the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    how do they/or not affect the GPS or other electronics? Cell phones? MP3? etc etc. etc...
    Thats a smoking question..

James, what is it that restricts the use of a holster? From the pics i can see the wasitband comes around to atleast the hip bone.

so would I be correct in assuming in order to hang a holster, it would be on the front side of the waist...rather than hipside?

I can only base this stuff off the lame factory photos I've come across on other sites.

There is a warning sign on the fanny stating not to wear this product if you have a pace maker.

I carry my camera in the mag fanny and have not experienced any problems with the memory card. Uh that reminds me, my camera has been sitting in the fanny for the past week. Still havn't tried a GPS or cell phone in the pack.

well time you tested it out so you can let us know eh? don't forget to toss your credit cards in there too.... or at least the wifes

meet on face book here