Thread: Skunked, but saw a bunch

Default Skunked, but saw a bunch

Tonight I headed out to the Ruffed Grouse Society Habitat area by Skinny Dicks. I've actually never had much luck out there, but I hadn't been out there for a couple years so I thought I'd go see how it looks now. My buddy John and I headed out together.

Long Story Short, we ended up seeing about ten and came home empty handed. We just never were able to get a good shot for one. I'm going to have to head back out there sometime when its not pouring down rain.

Anyone else go out in the rain tonight?

Jeremiah

took the kids to rosie creek this weekend, had a good ride but never spotted any birds.

I got skunked the first two trips to Rosie Creek this year as well, but the third time was a charm.

Jeremiah

Just finished a 2.5 hour hunt yesterday at Skinny's. With the grouse cycle down I managed a few flushes. Six flushes (less than 3 per hour). Four were roughies and two were spruce, I managed one spruce. It was warm out though and my dog was a bit on the hot side. Hot and dry he doesn't do as well

Default in my yard

I have about a dozen living in my yard. It drives my shorthairs nuts. But I dont have to walk them because after running around in circles for 2 hours every night they are pooped. Its great sitting on the porch entertainment.

They are out there.

Spent two and a half hours at birch hill today and not so much as one flush. I didnt see any in the trees or anywhere. I know they are around but they sure are evading my eyesight. Well, goodluck to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ga2akwild View Post
    Spent two and a half hours at birch hill today and not so much as one flush. I didnt see any in the trees or anywhere. I know they are around but they sure are evading my eyesight. Well, goodluck to everyone else.

If you didnt see me then you know there where no birds Take her easy dude you'll find them. Ive been to busy to get out and am kinda waiting a little longer. Maybe next week I'll get out and look for some.