Thread: Kids are taking over.....

Default Kids are taking over.....

Soooooo......

after a long spell camping and fixing, chopping, drying, boating, raining and blowing , I got home

Missed my kids.
    My oldest son and his woman, their 3 kids and my 5 daughters have been keeping busey, and were joined by mom a couple weeks back seem to have taken over....
    I know they werent slacking, but man, even I was VERY impressed, to say the least.....
    The freezers are FULL. Berrys, Birds, and some fish, and the wife is setting up for a Fall fish Fest.
    The Daughters have a load of dryed meats up for trade as well, for gasoline.....and all with out parents telling them what to do....

Sooooooo.......being as its Sunday, a day of rest, I slept till 10, had coffee in bed (~~LOL!!~~) got up and was puttering about, getting ready to get some Caribou for skins and fresh meat, because My work IS fun......but it was not to be....

Wheres my rifle? Wheres the Honda? Whats going on???
    Soooooooo, in answer to my questions, the wife brings me coffee and lets me know the oldest boy and oldest daughter are out with their pals, hunting already......

They came home with skins and two butcher'd Caribou......
    My son cleaned the Rifles, gassed up the rig, and dryed the gear....
    My daughter washed the clothes and cleaned up the meat (tundra grasses and all) then called around away most of the meat........

Whats a guy to do anymore....cant even clean a gun......???
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I'd say you really only have one option at this point, pour yourself another cup of coffee and share some more stories online!

Thumbs up

Sounds like they are being raised in the right direction, 'Stranger' -- to run on 'auto-pilot!'

Kudos to their parents!

Doc

they really must have done somthing bad to be acting so good automatically!
    Semper Fi!

Default Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    they really must have done somthing bad to be acting so good automatically!
    Oh yeah -- what was I thinking!! This should be an interesting 'twist!'

Thumbs up tradition...

Long live the Alaskan traditions. My wife is a 1/4 Yupik and was born in Tanana. She is a skin sewing, berry picking, moose spotting, blonde haired marvel. Her and I are teaching the Grankids as much as we can before our "departure". Your children are beautiful and capable looking. Well done!

I wouldn't expect anything less from kids you and your wife raised. We do have some local kids here that use a year or two with you.

Talking

Stanger,
    It is always good when it works the way you hope for it to. Have they had the "talk" with you yet, about taking you out on the ice?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Akres, thats quite a slippery question

Having kids & grand kids like that,, well,, what more could a man ask for !!
    Keep up the pics an ongoing present an past history lessons,, you've provided an amazing insight for many, thanks...........

Ha!

I take THEM out on the ice......... and that scares 'em enough , that while were setting nets under 2 inches of ice over a 40 foot deep , fairly swift river, they hardly say a word, a wince/shudder at every loud sound ~~LOL!!~~ thats only a month away

Im too **** fit to be taken anywhere, yet, or retired , or even slow down........thats whats irkin' me~~LOL!!~~

Cant and wont stop 'em,though. I figure that they will always eat, and get any job done, start to finnish, and thats what i want for 'em.....the rest they can figure themselfs
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Their getting the Rocking Chair ready for you.

Nice to see kids doing what they should be doing.

Keep them stories coming.

Stranger, maybe you could get them to take some 'action pic;s of not so ol Dad.
    You know there point of view.

Keep posting pics of attractice young, hard working girls and they won't be around long.............either that or you'll have a bunch of son in laws around also!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default father

You have accomplished what most fathers on this site have or want to have.
    My girls processed my bou this year for me and am waiting till they get a little older so they can take their own.
    just sit back and smile