Thread: Kenai River's "white trees" -- what are they?

Default Kenai River's "white trees" -- what are they?

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/wasillajay/Kenai%20Russian%20Rivers%20-%20Resurrection%20Creek/IMG_0994.jpg

Mixed in with the beautiful spruce is a plethora of contrasting light colored, almost-white-ish trees. What kind are these?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

you mean the popal, cottonwoods and willows? with the occasional birch tossed in... they are the same as the mat valley just fuller due to climate... you spend time along the lil sue... the upper ends of it have similar growths...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thank you, Vince. Right now my computer connection (mta) is slow for some reason so I'm not sure if you viewed the correct link or not. In that picture I was surprised at the starking contrast of dark green to light green/white-ish trees and wasn't sure what they were. I just know it made a beautiful view!

So far I can identify spruce (not sure yet how to differentiate between the various sub-species), cottonwoods, willows and birch (collected lots of sap this year from 'em here in Wasilla!)

Mind ya, my eyesight is 20/20 in right eye, and 20/30 in left eye...it's just that my astigmatism keeps me from coming into focus no matter how much squinting I can do. One day I'll have some lasik surgery to correct it.

Oh, I know the Little Su! It is an interesting contrast from the views from Schrock Rd to that one RV Park boat launch there in Houston! It'd make one scratch there head, wondering if it was the same river, in the same country!