Thread: Thanks, Forum, for all the help!

Eagle River, Alaska by way of Mobile, Alabama

Default Thanks, Forum, for all the help!

I am going on my first moose hunt, leaving Sept 9th. You guys have helped me so much, you will never know. I bought a 30-06 and sighted the scope, based on all of your suggestions; bought equipment based on past posts and lists you guys and gals have posted; thoroughly investigated the hunt site;
    and studied moose habits to better my chances. I'm soooo excited. By the way, I'm a 46 year old mother of two grown kids. They are proud of me...so am I! Thanks for all your help in making this happen.
    Pam

You'll do fine.

Good luck.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

your going to have a blast! For motivation here is a pic of my wife and her first moose taken last year on her first moose hunt!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

good luck pam!!!! have at it... you will do just fine!!!!! take your time and be paitient...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Good luck, cherish your time in the field, and make good use of those adult children as packers and meat cutters if you get one!

Eagle River, Alaska by way of Mobile, Alabama

Lujon, what a picture! I'll post mine when I come home

Vince, I'll be up your way!

Everything has gone right for me so far. Including the fact DM 773 will be closed the end of Sept. I planned my hunt for the first of the month even though friends told me to plan it for the end of the month. When something is right, you just know it!

I almost quit, but three other forum members wouldn't let me.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

pam if you run into issues while up... or need a hand ... go to the clear sky lodge.. and ask them to get hold of me... Chris, sandy, DOn, Josh, Leah,,, all have my number or access to it.... and they all Know Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Good Luck and make sure you post on how the hunt went and hopefully some nice pic's!

Default Wish you the best.

I hope you have a safe, wonderful trip.

Default Draw hunt? or

is this a regular harvest permit hunt? Dont know if you had another thread with other info about your hunt, just saw this one and i dont know all the info. What is the mode of transportation and are you going with others?

Default Best wishes!

You've put a lot of work into this trip, Pam.
    Wishing you good weather and good hunting!