Thread: My sons first grouse

Default My sons first grouse

I got the little guy up at 0530 this morning, and he was raring to go. After being out in the rain for an hour we finally spotted a bird. He's six years old and loves to hunt. Up until now he's only gotten rabbits, but today he got his firsat grouse with a 410 that was mine when I was his age. It was our first spruce of the year, proud daddy. It's more enjoyable watching my kids out there than actually pulling the trigger yourself.

Thats great. I can't wait to get my girls out into the woods to hunt. My 4 yr old has a bb gun now. What age did you switch to a 410 at? Any suggestions for getting them used to gun use?

Jeremiah

dude thats so cool! I love gettig the boys out. And I hope you have many more stories like that to share.

My oldest is 9 and he has been shooting the 410 on his own for a couple years now, I'm about to move him up to a 20 gauge. My youngest are 6 and five and I have had them shooting with them aiming and pulling the trigger with the stock in my sholder behind them since they were three. My 6 year old son is just about there to do it by himself. They were never really gun shy. I have been taking them out since they could walk, they love it. When I sleep through my alarm on a hunting morning and my son wakes me up to go out, now thats something special. Good hunting, and take your kids out as often as you can.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

way to go... YOUR miles ahead of my girls this year we have yet to see a bird...

that danile in ak.. seems to be cleaning them up though!!!

get those KIDS OUT MORE!!!! they need it
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    way to go... YOUR miles ahead of my girls this year we have yet to see a bird...

that danile in ak.. seems to be cleaning them up though!!!

get those KIDS OUT MORE!!!! they need it
    Hey! Im doing my part by saving a steroid fed chicken destined for the supermarkets by shooting them Grouse And btw! the boys and I did head out. But it was so windy we only saw one bird and I decided to let it go.