Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Kodiak/Shuyak Deer Hunt

  1. #1

    Default Kodiak/Shuyak Deer Hunt

    I recently got screwed on my moose/caribou Kotz hunt this year as changing jobs has conflicted with the dates I had planned......... I am now trying to at least get out and do a deer hunt this year. My buddy and I wanted to do some thing in novemeber as they will be in rut, lower elevation and the meat is easier to keep. I need some info on where to get started as I have spent all my years chasing moose and caribou. I was thinking of renting a cabin on Shuyak and having SeaHawk Air fly us in but was wondering if thats our best bet that time of year. I have heard of people flying to kodiak and renting a pickup and just using the road system but I dont know if thats for me..... I dont even really know if im on the right track or going in the right direction with the hunt. Any body that has any information they are willing to share would be great. I have never hunted deer so really anything would help. Thanks much

  2. #2

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly30 View Post
    I recently got screwed on my moose/caribou Kotz hunt this year as changing jobs has conflicted with the dates I had planned......... I am now trying to at least get out and do a deer hunt this year. My buddy and I wanted to do some thing in novemeber as they will be in rut, lower elevation and the meat is easier to keep. I need some info on where to get started as I have spent all my years chasing moose and caribou. I was thinking of renting a cabin on Shuyak and having SeaHawk Air fly us in but was wondering if thats our best bet that time of year. I have heard of people flying to kodiak and renting a pickup and just using the road system but I dont know if thats for me..... I dont even really know if im on the right track or going in the right direction with the hunt. Any body that has any information they are willing to share would be great. I have never hunted deer so really anything would help. Thanks much
    You can also get guys to take you to Shuyak by boat out of Seward. Drop off type deal and hunt the draws for the deer. Take a shotgun for the Pheasants. Lots of Ringnecks up top on the flats. I only know of a few that hunt them. Weather will be somewhat stabilized by the third week of November.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •