Thread: Sage warranty

Default Sage warranty

Anybody know how long it takes to get a rod back from Sage for warranty work? I broke my 7wt Z-Axis yesterday, and put it in the mail to them this morning. I am going to call them Monday, just curious if anyone has dealt with them recently? Thanks.

Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

They can 2 day for $65 I believe.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

You should have it back with in a week once they get it as long as they have the part to fix it. That 60 bucks you send them pays for the Fed-ex Shipping back to you. I have had good luck on getting blanks returned to me...

Default Thanks

Ken,
    have you ever had them return the cork from a broken rod? The cork on the rod I broke is the one you built for me this past spring. I am going to call them Monday to see if they will send me back the butt section of the rod, that cork is awesome, and fits my hand perfect.

Thank you both for the responses.

Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Jake,

They will only send you the section that broke. So all you should have to do is rebuild the replaced section. Which section was it? If it was the butt, they will send you back the broken section so you can salvage it. Let me know if that is the case...

Ken

Default broke section

It was the second section from the tip that broke. I am going to call them tomorrow.

Jake

Unless they feel the tip or 3rd section suffered some sort of stress crack, that is the only piece you will see back. The last rod that a customer sent them, they replaced 2 sections, since they felt it had cracked into the other section. So a small rebuild was in order...

Default section

I hope they just replace that one section, I love that grip/reel seat. If they replace the whole thing, I might be in need of a new grip, depending on how busy you are.

Jake

Default Sage

I talked with the warranty dept at Sage this morning. I was told that they would only replace the broken section, and that they would send me the whole rod, including the broken section and the new section, so I will get to keep my grip! She said the turn around is 2-3 weeks. Sounds like the Z-Axis will be up and running for steelhead. Thank you all for the responses.

Jake