Thread: Latest Seward report?

Default Latest Seward report?

Anyone still finding silvers in or out of Res Bay or are they pretty much wiped out for the year? How much longer will the halibut be worth chasing (in less than 200ft)? Thanks for your feedback!

Good question. I was thinking about heading out there this next weekend-Labor Day weekend. This is the second Seward silver thread without any responses. Seems too soon for the silvers to be done there.

Maybe someone that fished Seward recently can post up about the silver/'but fishing out there this evening?

Tim

Default Silvers

I took the family out there during the week of 17-23rd. We caught plenty in Driftwood Bay. Huge Halibut around Mary Cove and Some large lings around the north rocks on Driftwood Bay. Johnstons Bay held a ton of Silvers. Some of the locals were limiting out in a matter of minutes. I just never ran over there...They were picking up some silvers around Cains head and Lowell point..thats about all the news I got..good luck...
    H

Default Seward

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    Good question. I was thinking about heading out there this next weekend-Labor Day weekend. This is the second Seward silver thread without any responses. Seems too soon for the silvers to be done there.

Maybe someone that fished Seward recently can post up about the silver/'but fishing out there this evening?

Tim
    We went out Aug 28, picked a wet, windy day. We picked up a few Silvers on the East side, just shy of Thumb Cove. In retrospect, should have stayed home and washed the boat.
    NRA Lifetime Member

Just got back in. My wife myself and another couple went out for the day. Trolled up and down Caines head, then headed over to Thumb Cove and trolled north. We Kept seven and threw back around four. Beautiful day and a lot of fun. If the weather keeps up we will head out again some time this week. Not that many boats out compared to a week ago but the fishing is steady.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Might be heading out tomorrow.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Fished Sat and Sunday around Thumb Cove. Sat was nasty, and only a couple fish but yesterday was beautiful and a full fish box. THey're stilkl there and plenty hungry.
    I wish I could go back next weekend, but it's time to go chase moose instead.

I went out to Driftwood 8/30 and found one last silver and a chicken halibut. We trolled from Cape Res to Fox spit and found one more. All and all pretty slow. I've been seeing fewer and fewer coming back on the charters too. I think it is about done I'm afraid...Perhaps one more try for Labor day weekend. It looks like there won't be any shore fishing for the third year in a row now.

Default Latest & Greatest from Seward ???

Going out on Fri.& looking for some latest producing spots for Butt/ Ling??? Thanx

Default Seward Silvers

There are still some silvers in and out of the bay. I have seen birds working and salmon jumping from the Narrows all the way to the head of the bay. I also caught silvers many miles from shore halibut fishing today. Hard to understand what they are doing out there but what the heck, we captured 28 of them today.