Thread: Homer moose

Default Homer moose

Wednesday night I had just sat down in one of the muskegs I hunt in and this guy paid me a visit.

and my son holding the head gear. He measured 50" with 2X3 brow tines.

Default Homer Moose

WOW, since no one has said I will GREAT job! You got to give us a little more of the story .

I think you found one of the only three brow tine moose left on the KP. Awesome! Has to be more to the story, lets hear it. Freezer is full.

Congrats on a fine moose! They sure like to fall in positions that make the fiell dressing job tougher, huh?

Good job on the moose - looks like it should have filled the freezer well.

Congrats and good looking son you are raiseing there.

That's a real nice bull guys, good job! I'm hoping I'll have something like that to post here soon!
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Looks like nice shot placement too.

On Monday and Tuesday I was concentrating on an area where we had seen cows the first couple days, but ended up not seeing didn't see any moose at all. On Wednesday I went to an area that most hunters don't know about because of it's secluded location. My son and I had been down in this meadow on the second day and had seen 3 cows and a calf. Its about a 20 minute walk through the trees so I took my time getting down there eating wild blueberries and cranberries. Now for the wierd part.....I NEVER still hunt, but that night I decided to sit down on the edge of this meadow and sit until dark. I sat in a spot where I could see the entire meadow and keep an eye on the willows behind me. I was sitting on my daypack but after about 10 minutes and my butt started getting wet from the saturated ground. I had just repositioned my pack when I looked to the far end of the meadow and saw a moose coming out of the trees. It was only about 8 pm so I figured it was just another cow, but when I got my binoculars on it I saw it was a bull. At about 250 yards, I saw he had 3 brow tines on his left antler, and after double checking the points, I gave him a .300 win mag to the chest. He ran into the willows, but gave me a perfect broadside shot, so I put another round into him. I was getting ready to hit him again when he layed down. I heard the obvious huffing and wheezing so I knew it was a lung shot. It's not my largest moose, but probably the prettiest since he was still in velvet. I took it into the taxidermist so that they could preserve the velvet. While we were cutting the moose up, we saw 2 cows, a calf and a sub-legal bull walk out into the muskeg.

Sweet Shirt!!!!!!!! we used to live on beluga lake, I love Homer

I must say I am digging the Metallica camo! Great hunt, it is amazing how much a little patience can pay off!

Default Nice Job

Thanks for the story, and kudos for involving your son. Out of curiosity, did you use a chainsaw on that skull cap? What's on the velvet?

Thumbs up

Congratulations on a fine moose!

Taylor

-[]------->

Default Atta boy ADAM!

Glad for your success.

sully