Thread: Neck knives and sheaths

Default Neck knives and sheaths

I seem to have this strange affection for neck knives. Here are a couple I have finished up in the last couple of days. The smaller blade I picked up somewhere and added a few minor modifications to make it more user-friendly. The larger knife I made from the blade of an old bowie knife I had laying around. Kydex has become yet another hobby of mine. This stuff is awesome. I made both of these sheaths from .060 kydex, and added some gutted 550 cord to hang them by.

..."Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions." - G.K. Chesterton

Excellent job on both the knives and sheaths, they look very handy and i'm sure will serve you well in the field!!

How do you keep the knife from falling out of the sheath. I am assuming that they hang around your neck with the handle down. Great looking knife and sheath!
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft

The kydex is form fitted to the knife so it won't fall out. I have a neck knife also but cannot remember who i bought it from, someone off of Bladeforums.

Default Spring trap neck knives......

I like your neck knives and the sheaths. Sometime ago I read about spring trap knives so I thought I would give it a try. Here's a couple of my first attempts.....................