Thread: Northern Air Cargo in Kotzebue

Default Northern Air Cargo in Kotzebue

Used Alaska Air last year and it was expensive and difficult. This year I plan on shipping to Anc and having Glenn's pick it up to process due to busy schedule. Northern Air comes to mind, but am wondering if anyone has used them or anyone else up there.

Thank you mates.

sully

I have used NAC in Kotz. Good service from what I can see.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Nac or Everts

Both operate out of the same office in Kotz. Throw it on whichever has room on the next flight out. I prefer NAC.

Mark and Marcie run a top knotch outfiyt there in Kotz.

Never heard a complaint about them and have none myself. If you want it shipped right, only the weather will stop those guys, and not for long.

You'll be happy.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Default Bad Experience

Posted this in another thread, but we had NAC ruin a moose we shipped back from Kotz last year--granted it was ruined by the folk with ANC NAC since they failed to place in the freezer as requested and paid for, and left it sit in the heat for the days we were in Kotz caribou camp--whole think ruined--all meat and cape.

Moreover, they failed to make right after the fact. Paid pennies on the pound and tried to cover up the mistake after folks working outside admitted they had left on the tarmac. So, not high in our book right now.

Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

We used Lynden last year to ship back 3 caribou and one moose. Very helpful and cheaper than NAC (at the time). No broken antlers or spoiled meat. I'd use them again.

DS

Default bad deal

Quote Originally Posted by wildwill View Post
    Posted this in another thread, but we had NAC ruin a moose we shipped back from Kotz last year--granted it was ruined by the folk with ANC NAC since they failed to place in the freezer as requested and paid for, and left it sit in the heat for the days we were in Kotz caribou camp--whole think ruined--all meat and cape.

Moreover, they failed to make right after the fact. Paid pennies on the pound and tried to cover up the mistake after folks working outside admitted they had left on the tarmac. So, not high in our book right now.

Will
    That sucks, but be aware that no air cargo company is going to "make it right". Every one has you sign a release that meat goes at "shipper's risk". Unfortunately it doesn't give you many options.

Default Understood

Oh, believe me, we know about the waiver. Think its fine to assume the risk of spoilage to bad weather, mechanical breakdown, or any other part of a long list of unforseen situations causing delay that can lead to damage--but to have others assume the risk of a company's gross negligence in just deciding to leave meat out after contracting to cold store it--is outside the waiver situation. Simply bad service and failure to acknowledge their wrong.

Insult to injury were teh FIL's antlers showed up later, in a different shipment with a broken tine. No big deal, Taxidermist fixed and looks great, just made us scratch our head at the NAC service we received.

Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Default understand

I'm not making excuses for their bad service.

The other problem that anyone may run into is "freezer's full" which happens from time to time during hunting season. I've never sent anything without being able to pick it up the next day.

Feezers full can happen anytime. The 4 121 operators into Kotz all carry bypass mail. If they get a load of freeze into their Anch. base of bypass freeze, it will stay in the freezer instead of someone's meat. At least until the bypass gets moved to it's intended destination.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!