Thread: Weather Pending

Unhappy Weather Pending

I think Labor Day weekend will be my last boating run for the year. Berries and silvers are hopefully good. When do you put yours away for the year?
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Default Same deal

We will be taking off next Friday out of Whittier and returning to port on Tuesday after Labor day. Hopefully by that time most of you guys will have already gotten off the boat ramp! Ha!! Last couple of trips were real wet, so hoping to have a little bit of sunshine to finish out the season. Gonna put the Seasport away then and get out the Almar for a little late season Lk Trout fishing to finish things out. Might even head up to Talkeetna for some rainbow action.

When the sound of the boat hitting the water goes from "SPLASH!" to "THUNK"........
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

If all goes right I will be heading out for one more trip. I think I will it Seward for Lings
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Unhappy Labor day, Last day

I'm done after labor day also. By the time I get it cleaned up, gear pulled out, put away, winterized, frame built for the tarp, I've burned up a weekend right there.

Here's something I heard; and of course good weather always makes you regret the "put-away" process, Elnino' is suppose to happen this winter. Remember the photo of the guy mowing his lawn on his lunch break in December, this might be it again.

This Labor Day weekend with the family then the following weekend solo. The Freezer is full but could still squeeze in a few more bags of shrimp and a gallon or two of blue berries. Labor Day thinking of exploring up Kings Bay or Glacier Island, have never been to either.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

I believe that I will try for the 4th of Oct this year. Tow it back and put it in the garage and do a full service/winterize her. I have been bringing her back a week early for the last 2 years. All weather dependent of course.

Default Weather looks good

I think I'll head down Thursday after work and come back Sat. afternoon. This will probably be my last trip of the year, need to do some moose hunting.

Will definitely be heading out for a 4-day this weekend. Then, I might get a trip in before my November deer hunt. After that, it's pretty much over until April-ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you can’t tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Smile September...

When we return from the Koyukuk in late September the boat is "put up". Late August is normally as late as I boat due to the magical time of year known as , MOOSE SEASON! I don't boat as early, late or often as I used to. I think part of it is age and being picky about tides, weather, fish available, etc.

Smile 5:30 tunnel

Hoping to catch the 5:30 today. Anyone else gonna be there? I always try to meet forum folks when I can.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public