Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunter-Friendly Hotel in Anchorage

Default Hunter-Friendly Hotel in Anchorage

Anyone have any ideas on the best hotel to stay at in Anchorage. My father and I will be staying one night before flying out to Dillingham.

Cost isn't a big issue. We will be bringing our rifles and other gear into the room(s), and would like it to be convenient to the airport. Being near a decent red-meat restaurant would be nice.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Near the airport on lake Hood, the Millennium Hotel, 1-800-544-0553.

Sockeye Inn is cheap, we shipped gear there, had ammo delivered, great to work with.

Thanks guys.

If cost isn't an issue then I would suggest the Captain Cook. Cab ride from the Cook to the airport is only about 10-12 minutes.

Talking

A second vote for the Millennium. They run a free shuttle to and from the airport. Eat at Gwennies. Easy walking distance from the hotel and on the same street and a darn good place to eat.

Enjoy your hunt!!!

motel 6......."we'll leave the light on for yah.".........(all you can eat steak buffet right next door)

There are a lot of choices that are very close to Ted Stevens that will be more than adequate for you and your dad. I would book a room before you land, but most of the time it's easy to find a place to stay. I would also suggest you eat at Gwennie's. My wife and I really enjoy their breakfast and it has a great environment as well.

Does anyone know of a motel/hotel near the airport they should stay away from? My experiences have all been positive. Some better than others, but I've not had a "bad" experience near the airport. I wonder if there is a certain motel/hotel that he (I) should stay away from?

Stay away from anything near Merrill Field on 5th Ave...LMAO... I had a friend that hadn't been to Anchorage in 25 years stay at the Mush Inn. Needless to say, he was surprised
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    If cost isn't an issue then I would suggest the Captain Cook. Cab ride from the Cook to the airport is only about 10-12 minutes.
    My dad might like this one. But would it be awckward bringing our guns and stuff inside a place like that?

Thanks again everyone for all the helpful info.

Default Hotels

I have been to several and all have been very hunter/fisherman freindly. Most of them have freezers for your catch, and last year we had the taxidermist pick up my brother's Brown Bear hide from the freezer after we left instructions with the desk. Guns in cases are no problem, and I have yet to be asked about them, only if I had any luck.

Default Hotel

If you stay at the Homewood Suites, you get a free dinner and all the wine and beer you can drink for two hours during dinner as part of your nightly rate.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineHawk View Post
    My dad might like this one. But would it be awckward bringing our guns and stuff inside a place like that?

The Captian cook host the bowhunters banquet each year as well as a bear baiting and bear skinning seminar. They will be ok with you bringing your gear with you. If you want something cheaper then go to the Motel 6.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MarineHawk View Post

Not at all. I've carried gun cases in there and have seen plenty of other hunters do the same.

The Captain Cook is not near the airport but, it is a short drive to the airport as someone has stated. It is also one of the premier hotels in Anchorage, actually it is the nicest hotel in town, the cost of staying there will reflect the quality. It is downtown, has an excellent restaurant, and is walking distance to many more.

You did not state your dates, but after Sept. 18 the retes become fairly reasonable for winter.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Default Second vote for Gwennies

It'll be fun, it'll be good, what else do you want while on vacation?

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    There are a lot of choices that are very close to Ted Stevens that will be more than adequate for you and your dad. I would book a room before you land, but most of the time it's easy to find a place to stay. I would also suggest you eat at Gwennie's. My wife and I really enjoy their breakfast and it has a great environment as well.

Does anyone know of a motel/hotel near the airport they should stay away from? My experiences have all been positive. Some better than others, but I've not had a "bad" experience near the airport. I wonder if there is a certain motel/hotel that he (I) should stay away from?

Default Puffin Inn...

i know what it used to be in the past but the last couple years it has changed into a nice place. close to the airport and lake hood plus walking distance to gwennies. they have a walk in frezzer for game and i have packed several gun cases through the lobby there. good price also.

Long House has always treated me good. Free ride to and from the airport. Usually a decent rate.

[QUOTE][Bernie PA second vote for the Millennium. They run a free shuttle to and from the airport. Eat at Gwennies. Easy walking distance from the hotel and on the same street and a darn good place to eat. Enjoy your hunt!!!

3rd for Millennium,I stayed at holiday Inn going out, And Millennium coming back from hunting. Gwennies is 2 blocks away wtih great food plus the Millennium has a bar and restaurant in it. Millennium was even cheaper than holiday Inn and alot nicer. Millennium all the way next time out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast