Thread: Powder& Primers

Default Powder& Primers

Does anyone know if it is legal to ship powder or primers to AK from Lower 48? I would like to reload but all of the stores look like they have been looted, not a grain of powder. I have at least 20 pounds of powder at home (NH) as well as hundreds of primers. It seems like store like Cabelas do not ship to AK? Are most of you guys that reload having the same shortage issue up here in Fairbanks?

Quote Originally Posted by onehook View Post
    Does anyone know if it is legal to ship powder or primers to AK from Lower 48? I would like to reload but all of the stores look like they have been looted, not a grain of powder. I have at least 20 pounds of powder at home (NH) as well as hundreds of primers. It seems like store like Cabelas do not ship to AK? Are most of you guys that reload having the same shortage issue up here in Fairbanks?
    UPS ground is the only way the stores ship powder and primers (and not together), shipping to Alaska everything (ground included) ends up in the air and this has different haz-mat rules. The way we do it is to have it shipped to a freight forwarder in Washington and they barge or truck it to Alaska. Barge runs about $175 for up to 50 pounds and truck a bit over $200 with Lynden Transportation. There are other companys that you can use also.

There is powder in Anchorage and the Valley shops now just none at Sportsmanís Warehouse, I donít think they have the credit to buy any at this point. I have been reading that one of the Fairbanks shops also has stock. If you tell us where you are we could point you at shops with stock on hand.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I am not sure but I take your post to indicate that you are in Fairbanks.

Sportmans is not worth the time it takes to walk in and look, they never have anything.

Frontier in Fairbanks does not have much but they get something new in every week. They had lots of primers yesterday, but I did not look at what they were.

Sentry in North Pole generally has a good selection, and they seem to get more in regularly.

There have also been some group orders. The current one is on hold due to a lack of suppliers with what is wanted (see the first link in this section). It maybe posible to ship your powder with the next order if it gets off the ground.

Also post what you are looking for someone maybe willing to sell your some if they have extra.

All the powder and primers are gone in the lower 48 too. Check Midwayusa and Cabelas. Their both out of stock.

That said I think you have to get a hazmat permit and you can ship via UPS. If you find any let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by AKFISHNHUNT View Post
    All the powder and primers are gone in the lower 48 too. Check Midwayusa and Cabelas. Their both out of stock.

That said I think you have to get a hazmat permit and you can ship via UPS. If you find any let me know.
    UPS will not accept hazmat packages from individuals’ only businesses that have a hazmat contract with them, and for shipment to Alaska it must be an air hazmat contract. However it may be possible to find a hazmat shipper that has the contract and have them ship it for you, some of the lower 48 UPS Stores may even be able to do the proper packing and labeling.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default Try the Swap and Sell Forum

Keep your eye out for powder and primers for sale. You can even post a WTB thread. Someone will have what you want and be willing to trade or sell.

Good luck with it and happy shootin'.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default primers

One Hook where are you located?

here in Fbks.. Frontier out fitters normally has some in stock..

in Anchorage... i understand greatnorthern guns off tudor has had a regular supply... as well a few of the smaller shops around the area...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

It's legal to ship powder, but you need to ship over 100 pounds of it before the freight charges make it worth the effort.