Thread: Valdez Shore fishing?

Default Valdez Shore fishing?

Any word on if the Silvers are in the port or off of allison point? I saw Coho's report on out in the bay, ut I was wondering if anyone has fished Allison point.
    Also what about Shoup Bay anyone seeing any action there?

We fished Allison pt. last Friday and caught 8 in about 4hrs, it wasn't hot by any means. Sat, Sun, & Mon we fished between gold an mineral creeks and Sat was slow but Sun & Mon the fishing just improved each day.

I can tell you that a lot of fish were jumping at the mouth to the harbor when we came back in on Tuesday. Don't know if they hung around, but they were there.

Been on a job here in Valdez for 5 weeks. The silvers have been hanging out by Shoup Bay for 3 weeks but not moving into Allison Pt. Last weekend we were seaching for 'butts and shrimp out in the sound but Sunday evening when we came back in the boats trolling for silvers were stretched from Shoup Bay all the way to the harbor and we even saw 2 silvers jumping in the small boat harbor while we were idling in. The silver fishing is crazy from the boat - we had 6 dbl hookups in less than an hour trolling herring behind a flasher at 45' on Sat and Sun. Silver fishing in Valdez has finally happened.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinit View Post
    Any word on if the Silvers are in the port or off of allison point? I saw Coho's report on out in the bay, ut I was wondering if anyone has fished Allison point.
    Also what about Shoup Bay anyone seeing any action there?

Wife and I have decided on a crazy run down to Valdez after the H.S. football game here in Fairbanks (I am a coach). Should get to Valdez about 4a.m. probably have a charter Sat. morning, then Sun try our hand at Allison Point.

We fished pinks there two years ago but we were just snagging them (as was legal beings a ranger told us so). Is that the same thing you do for Silvers or is there another method. Is any time better then the other (tide wise) and anyone have any good tips for me.

Thanks

Jaeger33 - Please let us know how you do fishing from shore at Allison Point. I'm thinking of running down there next week. I've never fished VDZ before but I've got time off, a hankering for a little adventure and the desire for some fresh silvers.

Thanks and good luck!
    Mary

Default Here and gone?

Well, yesterday the Silvers were in to Allison, not huge #'s but they were in. However as of right now they disappeared. The city docks have gone virtually dry and so did Allison point. Hopefully they come in with tonights tide or tomorrow mornings. It is strange that they would start and then stop. Is this normal? Too few and no change in limits? I will update tomorrow morning or tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinit View Post
    Well, yesterday the Silvers were in to Allison, not huge #'s but they were in. However as of right now they disappeared. The city docks have gone virtually dry and so did Allison point. Hopefully they come in with tonights tide or tomorrow mornings. It is strange that they would start and then stop. Is this normal? Too few and no change in limits? I will update tomorrow morning or tonight.
    There may be too few fish, or they may be late, but either way they will most likely not change the limit since all of those fish are from the hatchery and would die without spawning anyway. It's a terminal harvest program paid for by the commfish fleet. They get free reign to catch all the fish after Labor Day.

No luck from Allison Pt. on Sunday. Also didn't see and/or hear of anyone around us getting anything. We did have great weather though so that was a good bonus. We also had a cooler full of fish from doing a silver charter on Saturday so all was well but not the fishing.