Thread: Willow Creek (mouth)

Default Willow Creek (mouth)

Fished the mouth last night from 8-9:30 in hopes of some trout. No luck, it was super slow. Saw a few trout, hit some right in the face with my flies, clearly not interested. I tried everything, beads ( 6-10mm) diff colors and paints, ESL, Olive bugger, flesh, cotton candy, nymphs, grubs, etc. NOTHING worked. Headin upper Montana in a few days for some better luck (fingers crossed). Any more reports for good trout up north? Any grayling anywhere?

Wink

The only way a trout will hit for the next month will be with an Aggrevator Pattern. They are full of eggs and very few will eat right now. If you can make one mad, they will hit. Better off waiting a few weeks and then they will be hungry and hit anything you throw in the water.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default Example

What makes an aggravator pattern diff from like a regular nymph or anything like that?

Default streamers

Try some big flashy streamers, they should elicit a strike or two.

Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Browdy they did the same thing last week on Montana Creek. Went up to Yoder bridge, Nothing. Then to Michelle, ditto. Then Commercial, nothing and then down from the bridge to the mouth a big zero. I'm waiting till September to give it another go by then, like Akres said, they should start hitting anything.

I floated willow yesterday. res is about right on this one. There were so many eggs in the water that I couldn't tell which was mine.

Aggravators are about the only way to hook up right now.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Wink

The first person to develop and market a fly/lure with a lazer light built into it, with a prism effect, will become a MULTI-MILLIONAIRE within a year. All fish will involuntarily strike at a lazer light, just like a cat or dog. They can't stand it. Test it out on your fish in your aquarium. Careful though, you will have to rearrange the gravel and shells, after they finish tearing them all out of place. It is amazing to watch their reaction to the lazer. Probably the best aggrevator possible, but I know of no one marketing anything close.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~