Thread: Moose regs

Default Moose regs

Just reading the regs and I came upon the bag limit for the minto flats one MOOSE by permit, Does that include calf,bull,cow. Seemed pretty clear but I just wanted to check.

That's the way I read it. The registration appears to be any moose.

Default ?????

a horse is a horse of course of course.......i am sure MOOSE=bull,cow,calf......does it say anything about cow accompanied by a calf......

what i want to know is....does my bag limit of antlerless moose count against my bag limit of bull, spike/fork/50/3-4 brow tine moose.....

i.e...unit 20 new antlerless moose tags dm698-748 aug 15-nov 15

unit 9a one bull harvest sept 1- sept 15

these hunts are not bracketed by the "OR" with any other hunts saying antlerless, any moose, or anything else?????????
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Default one moose total

Quote Originally Posted by sharksinthesalsa View Post
    a horse is a horse of course of course.......i am sure MOOSE=bull,cow,calf......does it say anything about cow accompanied by a calf......

what i want to know is....does my bag limit of antlerless moose count against my bag limit of bull, spike/fork/50/3-4 brow tine moose.....

i.e...unit 20 new antlerless moose tags dm698-748 aug 15-nov 15

unit 9a one bull harvest sept 1- sept 15

these hunts are not bracketed by the "OR" with any other hunts saying antlerless, any moose, or anything else?????????
    Any moose counts as any other toward the bag limit. Check out page 17 of the regs. If you get a moose (any moose) in one unit, you would not be able to get any other moose anywhere else unless you found another unit to hunt in that has a bag limit of greater than one moose in which case you could fill the remainder portion.

This goes for any species.

Quote Originally Posted by onehook View Post
    Just reading the regs and I came upon the bag limit for the minto flats one MOOSE by permit, Does that include calf,bull,cow. Seemed pretty clear but I just wanted to check.
    Those permits were issued on August 6th and are all gone. The only other season there this fall that I see is spike, 50 inch, or 4 brow tine that runs from 9-11 to 9-25