Thread: Land and Sea Aviation

Default Land and Sea Aviation

Anyone know anything about Land and Sea Aviation at Merrill Field? I am looking for someone to finish up my instrument and commercial with.

Thanks

Thumbs up Good place

I am just finishing up my private pilot's license at Land and Sea. It is a good place and has good rates. I started with them last fall but had to take a long break in training.
    They have a brand new 172 with a glass cockpit. It would be a great IFR platform to train on. Mark Heritage is the chief flight instructor and is a good guy. You should check in with him.
    Patrick

dont they have a super cub also?

No Cubs, but they do have a Citabria for tailwheel training. I've seen the new 172...nice!!

Default Land and sea

I've done a lot of flying with land and sea, good group of people. Planes always seem taken care of.

will they let you solo the citabria?

Did my bi-annual in thier citabria.. cant say much from an hour of flight and an hour of ground. but I walked away happy and will go back again when its time.

Default land and sea

Land and Sea is a good operation. As far as I know they do not have a complex aircraft to help you with your commercial. Take Flight has a 172RG or a Beech Duchess that you could use for your complex training.