Thread: Hay Flats Access Restricted from the Glen/Parks

Default Hay Flats Access Restricted from the Glen/Parks

Just a heads up to anyone who accesses the Palmer Hayflats from Nelson Road. For those of you not familiar with the name, this is the access road that goes from the Glen/Parks frontage road into the flats by the old coffee stand. There is a big sign advertising the Ranch Sub-Division.

Due to the new South Palmer Elementary School opening, Nelson Road needs some improvements. They will be completely closing off the road for the next couple of weekends. Access will be limited at best as they will be replacing the culverts with new arch pipes. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DRIVE THE ENTIRE LENGTH FROM THE FRONTAGE ROAD TO THE GARDEN TERRACE SUBDIVISION.

Access during the week should be alright, and opening day shouldn't be impacted.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Do you know if it will effect traffic to the Rabbit Slough boat launch? I had heard it wouldn't and you would be able to get to the slough.

Quote Originally Posted by aktally View Post
    Do you know if it will effect traffic to the Rabbit Slough boat launch? I had heard it wouldn't and you would be able to get to the slough.
    It should not. The work area is not on the frontage or access road. You may see some additional traffic and equipment.

EDIT: just read OP and figured out what we were talking about
    Fear Nothing, Do Everything!

Quote Originally Posted by aktally View Post
    You may be able to get to the boat launch. But be advised I understand the friends of the hay flats are up to there old tricks. I haven't seen it yet but understand there will be less parking available due to some really big rocks. Kind of like cottonwood creek. Guess the pay station is next.

Default Someone is getting slapped!

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUCKMAN View Post
    You may be able to get to the boat launch. But be advised I understand the friends of the hay flats are up to there old tricks. I haven't seen it yet but understand there will be less parking available due to some really big rocks. Kind of like cottonwood creek. Guess the pay station is next.
    Well the launch is not as bad as I was lead to believe. There are rocks but only the back of the parking area. You may not be able to back up into the woods but can still park two deep. The road is kinda tore up, probably due to the big trucks bringing in the rocks. Thanks.

Default Scheduled work cancelled

OK, so now that we have gotten the word out regarding the closure, the project has been cancelled. Seems there were some major flaws in the plans and specs and the project is being redesigned.

Have a great season and pick your shots carefully.