Thread: Lost my jacket at Burma Landing

Default Lost my jacket at Burma Landing

I lost my sweet new rainjacket at the fish cleaning table last sunday. It is made by Ground, and is tan and black.

Ok, so I left it there for a bit, and when I remembered where I put it, it was GONE

Anybody happen to "find" my jacket?

Thanks

Joe

Default Hey

How was the fishin'? How long does it take to drive there from the KGB road intersection?

Fishing was good....takes about 35-45 minutes from the intersection, depending on roads and traffic....

Many will probably disagree, but "good samaritans" who pick up others' things with the hope of returning them to the rightful owner often prevent the rightful owner from coming back and recovering them. While totally unintentional and certainly well meaning, the end result is the same as if it was stolen. I never pick up anything that isn't mine, no matter what the circumstances. Just my opinion. I'm sure many disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Homertime View Post
    Many will probably disagree, but "good samaritans" who pick up others' things with the hope of returning them to the rightful owner often prevent the rightful owner from coming back and recovering them. While totally unintentional and certainly well meaning, the end result is the same as if it was stolen. I never pick up anything that isn't mine, no matter what the circumstances. Just my opinion. I'm sure many disagree.

I agree, unless there is contact info on or in said lost stuff.

I did check at the park ranger station just in case a "good samaritan" happened to leave it with them.

I wouldn't put my name and address in my jacket for security reasons...imagine the problem I could have if they found my address and I had left the keys in it I might have had the chance to see how far the effective range is on my new "security" system

I'm glad my jacket went to somebody that needed it more than I did. I wonder if I can deduct that from my taxes??????

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by c-bolt View Post
    I wouldn't put my name and address in my jacket for security reasons...imagine the problem I could have if they found my address and I had left the keys in it. I might have had the chance to see how far the effective range is on my new "security" system
    At least then you would have stood a chance of getting your jacket back. But....it likely wouldn't be waterproof anymore. The military and insurance companies used to advise you to scribe your SSN in the items. HUH This was before Identity Theft became popular.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

A phone # or email address would be enough.

Talking

Note to self: Never take a "new" jacket fishing. No one would dare even think of walking away with one of my fishing jackets.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~