Thread: Dumped by outfitter

Default Dumped by outfitter

My son and I are scheduled to arrive in Anchorage tomorrow evening (Aug 27th) and found out last night that our outfitter dumped us. We are trying to see if anyone has any deals for hunting and/or fishing to offer us.

Dumped you......???? I don't understand. You had a partly or fully paid for hunt with a Lic. Registered Guide & Outfitter, and you got DUMPED. Request more information.

Default Duimped Means

Dumped would mean, you made plans witht them and now they for what ever reason will not take you. Guess they didn't offer to hook you up with someone else.
    Better say what & where you where going to maybe get luck and get some advise.
    Contact the guide department and file a complaint I guess?

Yep, all the above. And it depends on what the situation is. We just had a charter cancel in Valdez, but it was because they blew an engine. Not much they can do about it. They hooked us up with another, but then seas in the outer Sound picked waaay up and they wouldn't go out in 10 foot and building seas. So they hooked us up with a salmon charter instead....

They should do something to make it as right as they can, but sometimes the situation dictates what they can do.

OK, Maybe I see the problem. People are using the WORD "outfitter" to refer to anyone offering some outdoor service. I could be wrong (Happens with some regularity) But the word OUTFITTER is only to be used by Lic. registered Guides & Outfitters, per Alaska Law.

To me this thread just sounds fishy!!!! I can't see anyone being "dumped" unless it because of weather or their equipment isn't working....

Quote Originally Posted by aksportfisher View Post
    To me this thread just sounds fishy!!!! I can't see anyone being "dumped" unless it because of weather or their equipment isn't working....
    I have dumped clients in other businesses that were impossible to deal with. I'm not saying that's the case but I know it can happen
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Another possibility, outfitter had family emergency. But Thread starter didn't give much info either....

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    I have dumped clients in other businesses that were impossible to deal with. I'm not saying that's the case but I know it can happen

I have dumped a few girls for the same reason phish
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    I have dumped a few girls for the same reason phish

><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery