Thread: Gun's first pair of waders

Default Gun's first pair of waders

My son's size 5T waders, he'll be 3 in november!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Great pict, now get the fly pole in his hands.

Here ya go Kingfisher. Starting him out with a bit cheaper rig. This is Gunther and Sitka fishing the Sag while I was off looking for Bou during our slope trip. My new avatar is us crossing the Jim river to get to a better whole. Gunther spells ATV Dad!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default I've just began looking for a pair for my son.

Please tell me more about Gun's pair. Where did ya find them? Does he stay comfortable when he's in them a few hours, and how much can I expect to pay for a set he'll wear for a year or 2 max as he's a growing boy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Here ya go Kingfisher. Starting him out with a bit cheaper rig. This is Gunther and Sitka fishing the Sag while I was off looking for Bou during our slope trip. My new avatar is us crossing the Jim river to get to a better whole. Gunther spells ATV Dad!
    Great pict and good guard watching over him.

Mignightsonrebel

The waders are made by Oaki(outdoors adventure kids inc). There quality seems every bit as good as my waders, just smaller. Gun is not your average 2 year old, he'll stay out fishing waders or not for hours, same with hunting. On our north slope trip he "fished" soaking wet for most of the day. I was mad as hell at the wife who said "I figured he'd stop when he was cold". 50 degree air temp and 35 degree water! He could have gotten hypothermia and did get very sick. That's what started the "tiny wader quest"! We found the waders on Ebay of all places. They offer sizes down to 3/4t! He loves the waders it's harder than ever to get him out of the water and he likes to wear them around the house.

Kingfisher
    Sitka has really come into her own since my pitbull died. She has stepped into the family protector role with great enthusiasm, in fact she is a little too protective at times. She has started after Moose, Brown and Black bears, dogs, and people, head down growling, none have stood there ground with her yet! She is very well trained and breaks off her approach with a word from me or Momma but still has scarred the crap out of more than a few critters and one dude she took a dislike too. Her growl is very impressive, sounds more like a lion roar and it's very loud. My Father startled her one night when he was visiting, he wont enter the room or our house without saying "Hi" to Sitka and he calls her Cujo. All in all I'd say she's a better defence than giving Tracy a side arm.....she might hurt herself.
    BHA Member

Smile

Love your sons waders Rick, I had no idea anyone was making waders in those sizes and of such quality its good know.

Also like your guard dog Sitka she seems to be on her game and connected to your son which never hurts. I never thought our dog was much of a guard dog as she does bark and growl but never made much of an impression till last fall when she tried to eat a friend of mine that was going to back my truck and trailer down the ramp while I sat in the boat. Needless to say his reflexes were quick enough that time and I won't be having anyone else back the truck down without one of my family with them next time.

Thumbs up

Good reference Rick P. It is hard to find hip boots and waders cut for kids and women. Gunther is growing up for sure.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~