Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: More sheep problems???

  1. #1
    Member akguy454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    norh pole AK
    Posts
    228

    Default More sheep problems???

    JUST KIDDING

    Anyone else think the moose rut is going to be earlier this year than in the past due to colder temps?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akguy454 View Post
    JUST KIDDING

    Anyone else think the moose rut is going to be earlier this year than in the past due to colder temps?
    Nah, I've always thought amount of daylight per day has a bigger factor than temps. However, the cold temps can't hurt.

  3. #3
    Member tccak71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,173

    Default Nice change of pace around here!

    I think it may snow earlier than usual, especially in some alpine moose locales. Hoping for some early snow in PWS too!

    Tim

  4. #4
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akguy454 View Post
    JUST KIDDING

    Anyone else think the moose rut is going to be earlier this year than in the past due to colder temps?
    no it will make the racks suddenly cease growth though forcing more guys to count annual growth before the rings are rubbed off during the rut.. speculation of full rack size vs almost 50 inches will be a huge issue with many this year... will the argument IT would have been 50 hold water?

    not to mention.. the sudden cooler temps will toughen the hide of the moose causing yet others to take more then one shot to kill a moose... and yet increasing the down time of provocative enjoyable post while yet others stew the airways with how much better they are, as sport hunters that are to concerned with IMAGE then putting meat in the way...

    the good new is the creeks will freeze and fish will stop getting headaches immediately prior to being put in a cooler.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  5. #5

    Default

    HAHAHA, Vince

  6. #6
    Member akguy454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    norh pole AK
    Posts
    228

    Default growth rings

    NICE!!! well put vince

  7. #7
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,599

    Angry

    This is just nuts,no one should mistake a moose for a sheep not even a small moose. When will this ever end,I hope F&G hears of this. What caliber bullet was used and was it even the right bullet for the gun. I hope no Puffins were disturbed durning this whole messy affair.

  8. #8

    Talking Rut Behaviour

    The Tweeners are always the first to go into full hardblown rut. That is why the cows get impregnated with their genes and make more Tweeners. This is why you always see more Tweeners than shooters. If you see a Tweener with a bunch of cows, you would do well, to fling some lead his way and scare him off. That way, maybe the cows will wait for the shooters to breed them.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  9. #9
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    , maybe the cows will wait for the shooters to breed them.
    them are some tall rubber boots Res.......
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  10. #10
    Member Marc Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    I try to rush the rut every year and it just doesn't work.

    It's daylight that triggers it, but there always seems to be a light frost on the morning that it breaks loose!

    Taylor

    -[]------->

  11. #11

    Default

    I am just hoping that summer doesn't decide to reappear AGAIN, during this moose hunting season.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •