Thread: Trout report on Kenai?

Default Trout report on Kenai?

Anyone been chasing the trout on the upper Kenai? We are coming up in the next two weeks and all I read about are the Silvers and the Reds. Anyone fishing trout and and care to share?

Hey Bud. We chased them friday and saturday and had a good day. Sportsmans to jims on friday, sports through the canyon on saturday. Lots and lots of reds but they had not started dropping eggs as of saturday. The 6mm bite should be hitting hard soon. We did great on 8mm and 10mm beads. Go to the fishaplooza thread and check out the canyon run video of me and june.

Your gonna be hitting them hot and heavy trust me
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I just got home tonight from 7 days of trout/silver fishing on the Kenai, Russian, and Quartz, needless to say it was off the hook. I know people don't give up there beads easily but I will, cause I won't be back up there anytime soon. The caramel mottled bead in 6mm was KILLER! We switched around just for switching sakes, but always ended up back to it. We fished it on all 3 rivers mentioned and did well, especially the Russian. Last night I think we put on about a dozen trout in the 18-22" range and countless dollies/rainbows in the 8-16" range. It also does one hell of a job attracted the bears I might add. We bought this bead believe it or not at the hardware store in soldotna. And I don't believe it is a troutbeads bead either. It has an almost peachy/orange bead heavily mottled with an ivory color. Thats my .02, hopefully I'll be posting soon with a bunch of pics and stories of my whole trip. I love ALASKA!

Quote Originally Posted by RandallT View Post
    I just got home tonight from 7 days of trout/silver fishing on the Kenai, Russian, and Quartz, needless to say it was off the hook. I know people don't give up there beads easily but I will, cause I won't be back up there anytime soon. The caramel mottled bead in 6mm was KILLER! We switched around just for switching sakes, but always ended up back to it. We fished it on all 3 rivers mentioned and did well, especially the Russian. Last night I think we put on about a dozen trout in the 18-22" range and countless dollies/rainbows in the 8-16" range. It also does one hell of a job attracted the bears I might add. We bought this bead believe it or not at the hardware store in soldotna. And I don't believe it is a troutbeads bead either. It has an almost peachy/orange bead heavily mottled with an ivory color. Thats my .02, hopefully I'll be posting soon with a bunch of pics and stories of my whole trip. I love ALASKA!

Sweet Dude! It was nice to meet you on the Russian last weekend. Sounds like you and your buddies had a good time. Check out the video the salmon slayer and I made from that trip last weekend. Its posted in the fishing section on the forum. Sounds like you had as good of fishing as we did. It always cool to meet a fellow forum member. Did you notice how disfigured some of those fish were? what a bummer....you can kind of see it in the pictures from the video.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

I did notice the fish were a little jacked up. Is it from being hooked and released countless times, or are they digging through the rock trying to knock eggs loose? Either way the fish were gorgeous. I will definitely check that video out. It was good running into you and Jedi Master, thanks for the good info.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Sweet Dude! It was nice to meet you on the Russian last weekend. Sounds like you and your buddies had a good time. Check out the video the salmon slayer and I made from that trip last weekend. Its posted in the fishing section on the forum. Sounds like you had as good of fishing as we did. It always cool to meet a fellow forum member. Did you notice how disfigured some of those fish were? what a bummer....you can kind of see it in the pictures from the video.

Fish On!
    You were on the russian while i was camped there and did not stop by for a lie and a cold one. My feeling is hurt

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    You were on the russian while i was camped there and did not stop by for a lie and a cold one. My feeling is hurt

****! I should have known you were down there. Dennis and I were on the Russian for two days....you probably would have been on the oars catching bigger fish anyway.... It was supprisingly not to crowded when we were there, I figured there would have been more people for the Fly Fishing Opener. There was a family of about 6 people snagging all these reds, even after the season had closed for them. I'm suprised we didn't see any F&G patrolling the area, that family would have been hit with huge fines....

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

I was camped in site 55 thursday through sunday