Thread: Military surplus

Default Military surplus

Where is the best place in Anchorage area to get military surplus items? I used to go to the place by SBS on Minnesota. They are closed now. I am looking for a few military ponchos to keep in emergency kits for the cars or 4 wheelers. Looking for cheap as I hope not to ever use them. Also looking for cheap back packs and sleeping bags also. Any ideas. It used to be military surplus was cheap, I am not sure cheap exists anymore. I am just looking to put together some "72 hour" emergency kits for family members. Thanks in advance.

Try the Army navy store down town and also Drop Zone on spenard should have what you need.

Default G.I. Joes

Isn't closed, they just moved from being beside S.B.S. to Arctic and International Dr. There's a strip mall on the corner and they're on the Arctic side. Haven't been in there, but it's a much smaller space. Hope this helps.

Go to gov.liqudation.com. Don't have have the real address but type it into a serch engine and it will come up. Push on the state of alaska and it will give you all the posts that are having sales.

I believe there are some of the stuff you are looking for on it now.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbear View Post
    Isn't closed, they just moved from being beside S.B.S. to Arctic and International Dr. There's a strip mall on the corner and they're on the Arctic side.
    Actually they are closed (at the Arctic location). They put up the going out of business several months ago. I was in there around June and there was hardly a scrap left as they were in liquidation mode. Didn't notice when the final shut down date was supposed to be, but I believe they are gone now.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

The Ammo can used to cary some surplus stuff, about 1 bloc south of Spenard and N. lights, its just down the road from drop zone.

There is also the place on Spenard next to Poncho Villias. Sencond chance or something like that.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

I've heard on the radio a place called Drop Zone. I havent been there, but you could give them a call.

Military Surplus Supplies 3701 Spenard Rd
    Anchorage, AK
    Phone: 677-9780

Default Thanks to all

Thanks for the help.