Thread: Have the Delta Bison Permits Shipped Yet?

Default Have the Delta Bison Permits Shipped Yet?

My dad still has not received his, and we are needing to find out the requirements as far as Delta orientation, dates of the hunt, etc. so we can start coordinating our time to get out there and hunt. Has anybody that drawn received their tag? Anybody have information on if the orientation is still going to be required because it is an any bison tag now? The guys behind the desk at Fish and Game told my dad he has to go to Delta to get his tag, is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    The guys behind the desk at Fish and Game told my dad he has to go to Delta to get his tag, is that correct?
    I'm pretty sure that they give out the tags at the orientation class. Even though it is an any sex tag, the orientation will still be helpful with covering land use issues and such. Call the Delta F&G office and see if they can tell you what date your dad is scheduled for the class. He can start hunting immediately after taking it.

Yup, Delta F&G knows the deal. His start date is the 7th of October, but we won't be able to make that, so it will be later in the month before we head out. He is good to go from then through the end of the season. Tags will be mailed out in the next day or two.

As for the class, I was informed it is no longer required as an in-person class, but there will be the option to do so on a scheduled basis if you would like to attend one. There will be an on-line orientation that will be required which has a quiz on the end. When you pass the quiz, it allows you to print out a certificate of completion and you are required to have that with you while hunting.

There's the latest skinny.

I just got my moose tag in the mail yesterday.

From what I understand, the orientation is all online or in handouts this year. Since all the tags are either sex, I think they are canceling the orientation. Call Fish and Game in Delta 895-4484 and ask them. My buddy who drew found out his start date and everything when he called. Lucky @#$# was the 5th name drawn! He gets opening morning. I do get to go help him though, got mine last year!
    "One Last Cast"

Quote Originally Posted by fk 107 View Post
    I just got my moose tag in the mail yesterday.

From what I understand, the orientation is all online or in handouts this year. Since all the tags are either sex, I think they are canceling the orientation. Call Fish and Game in Delta 895-4484 and ask them. My buddy who drew found out his start date and everything when he called. Lucky @#$# was the 5th name drawn! He gets opening morning. I do get to go help him though, got mine last year!

When I called F&G they had all the information for me. They said permits will be in the mail next couple days.

What days were you planning on coming down again?