Thread: Nutzotin Sheep

Default Nutzotin Sheep

If you happend to have killed a sheep in a drainage on the western side of the Nutzotins in the past few years then I may have found your bloody arrow. Hiking up a rock slide I literaly tripped over a bloody Easton arrow. Kind of cool to see.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Agreed. Tough to find something like that. I always say that no matter where you go in AK, someone's been there already. Just hope they haven't made too much of a mess!

Taylor

-[]------->

Default elves and hidden stuff.

A guy we met found an old arrow on the north slope sticking out of the tundra. It still had the id on the vanes as required several years back. I found a FOB laying all by itself out there. A buddy found a glove. Actually we knew whose that was. Also found garbage about everywhere we turned. Did what we could there bit by bit.
    I bet in all cases the owner looked and couldn't find it (except for the garbage). Then other people walk through and the item pops up. I wonder if there is any truth to the rumors about elves or such "borrowing" items for a while and then putting them back.

I've found several arrows on the north slope, mostly along the river banks or slightly off of them. Most recent was an arrow that matched my set up, just a different type of broadhead. That'll be a good goose arrow in a week or so.

Hopefully there was a good story attached to the arrow you found.

I never located my arrow after I killed a caribou south of Coldfoot in 2004. I lost the arrow under the snow after it passed through..but I did see it pass through. I did GPS the spot and I'll be looking for it again here in a couple weeks since I drew a moose permit in the same area It'll be pretty cool if I find it...I'd love to hand it on the 'Bou rack in my shop.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

i picked it up, wondered about the story behind it and put it back as close to where i found it.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am