Thread: Hsus

Default Hsus

Hey folks...I know there's been a lot of heckling and jibing on this forum...which is too bad. Kind of like driving...people get pretty brazen when they're anonymous. (I know, now I'm going to be a target)

I ran across the below in another forum. I never heard of astroturfing before, but apparently the Humane Society (one of the largest anti-hunting organizations in the US) is logging onto hunting forums and stirring the pot between hunters, and writing threads with outrageous claims to be used as ammunition against us. I always wondered if they did this. Apparently this was confirmed by the NRA....but that's only what I read in the forum, so who knows.

In any case...it's something to think about when we harpoon each other on these sites. I would think we'd stick together more....not saying some threads/posters shouldn't be ripped-on...just be careful what we say. It could end up as anti-hunting propaganda.

"The Humane Society of the United States, not to be confused with your local animal shelter, is apparently not above astroturfing. In my previous thread on the ban on preserve hunting they are pushing in North Dakota, I got engaged in a conversation with a person claiming to be a hunter in the comments, until I noticed his what his IP address resolved to on ARIN. Be careful out there folks. These people are slick. The person you’re speaking with claiming to be a hunter may very well be an animal rights activist trying to divide the community."

Interesting....and certainly worth keeping in mind, esp when a thread becomes somewhat persistently continuous and "heated"....as some have been of late.

We had a PETA person at www.accuratereloading.com doing this. I'm not sure what's more pathetic to think that we cared or to think that they were making a difference!!!

Brett

And....what is even more perplexing, worrisome and downright troublesome is the fact that some of the Anti's arguements and sentiments might be well founded and truthful, based on what has been posted of late. We reap the crop we sow. And I ain't saying we gotta apologize for our actions either. We gotta be willing to stand up to the Anti's and tell them to lump it. You will never pacify those folks, so don't waste your time trying. To sugar coat hunting, fishing and trapping with terms like harvesting is BS. We ain't farmers.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

This should probably go in the politics forum.

Politics has nothing to do with this, this IS about hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    This should probably go in the politics forum.
    This has nothing to do with conservative or liberal, democrat or republican...or "views" of any sort. It's information about what the "anti-hunters" are doing. If this is political, we're all politicians. Although the comment isn't mean-spirited, I rest my case about us all ready to find fault and/or pounce on every thread.
    Just trying to inform everyone about anti's.