Thread: Yippee!!! #136...

Default Yippee!!! #136...

Was logged onto Idaho F&G license sales yesterday morning, and at one second after 10 (by their clock) I entered my information for a grey wolf tag. The computer system went into overload, took approximately ten minutes to process my tag, (and the bog down didn't ease up for four hours) but in the end, I ended up with the 136th tag sold in the state. By closing at 6 pm mst, the last tag we sold was numbered just a couple shy of 4800, with a week to go before the first areas open up for the hunts. This all over 220 animals they've alloted for harvest.
    I'm going in Thursday for surgery on my foot, so whether or not I'll get out, is in question, though we DO have a stand on a small butte that I can drive to and set up in a chair in good position a few miles south of the Continental Divide with the Roberts and 120 gr. Hornady HP's.
    If nothing else, I figure to put this tag in a frame and hang it on my "I Love Me" wall.
    Now, if that there one Federal Judge will just stay out of it long enough to........

My tag was number 621...Up by Salmon, there are two documented packs that run out of our Elk area so I will have the 200 grain Accubonds in the .300 weatherby ready.
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Good luck to both of you

Good deal, I bet Idaho ranchers are happy! In fact I bet ranchers can tell you just when to hunt them where and would be happy to help hunters fill wolf tags.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Darreld Walton View Post
    I ended up with the 136th tag sold in the state.
    I wish you the best of luck.

Default Thanks...

For the good wishes, all! This'll be a new experience for me, that's for sure. The wife and I got skunked on everything we put in for this year, and at least a shot at a wolf will get us into the territory we wanted to hunt in. The oldest Grandson and my Son both drew either sex elk in Copper Basin (unit 50), and it's accessible with the truck and camp trailer, so we can stir the campfire while the boys are chasing elk, maybe slip out on the four wheeler and get up in the high meadows and see what we can see. I've talked to several fellas this year that swore that they had wolves come in to elk bugles. Worth a shot, eh?

I can't believe you guys would actually shoot a wolf! Aren't they part of the dog family? (snicker, snicker) I'm green with envy! Good luck to both of ya in regards to offin a wolf and DW good luck with the foot.

Con-grats on your tag. I would say get one and enjoy it. I will also say the wolf hate is silly as poachers and vehicles kill more than wolves any day. Just my 2 cents. Now Coyotes, shoot them, stack them feed them to the wolves. good luck on your hunt, be safe.

Can you call wolf with an e-caller on your hunt? If so that is the way to go with the bumb foot. I built one last winter with info from another member here, Airoslinger I think, but did not get time to use it.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Talking add on's

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFSTER View Post
    Con-grats on your tag. I would say get one and enjoy it. I will also say the wolf hate is silly as poachers and vehicles kill more than wolves any day. Just my 2 cents. Now Coyotes, shoot them, stack them feed them to the wolves. good luck on your hunt, be safe.
    Hi Jeff: You might have something there with the poachers and autos...that's a given, but then the wolf kill is on top of all of that, giving us a double whammy. I doubt that hunters will be much of a factor, especially in reducing the population. They breed faster than we can harvest them. And if we reduce the population, then it free's up more groceries for for the rest, and then they're less stressed and raise full, healthy litters to increase the population. It seems like it's a double edged sword...we're danged if we do...danged it we don't. Be that as it may, giver ell, shoot straight and good luck.
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Default Hey Guys

I got tag number 7890 on Wednesday. I read a newspaper article quoteing the F&G as saying the expect to sell around 70,000 tags for the 220 wolves. We get a quota of 30 here in the Panhandle. Good luck Darreld and TrophyHunter. I hope that I can help with the wolves LEAD defficiency
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!