Thread: ?? about Almar Lite boats

Default ?? about Almar Lite boats

How "heavy duty" are these boats? How do they compare to the other aluminum river boats out there? Thanks

TD

They are built like tanks and can handle anything you throw at them.

Default Bronco's right!

I have had an Almar Jetstream (Lite's big brother) for over 20 years and its still one of the most well put together boats that I have ever come across. Have given it plenty of chances to come apart, but she is still solid as a rock. I would assume that the Lite models are of similar quality.

Used to own a 16 or 17 footer with a 150 Yammie jet on it. The hull was built like a tank but the windshield was attached cheapy, almost like an after thought.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Used to own a 16 or 17 footer with a 150 Yammie jet on it. The hull was built like a tank but the windshield was attached cheapy, almost like an after thought.
    I have seen a lot of the 80's era boats with windshields like that and never understood why they didn't just weld up a frame to the hull.

Default solid

I've got an 18' Almar Lite and it is really solid. The hull will take anything you throw at it. My windshield is fine too...maybe a different model than others with the complaints.

I have always wondered what gauge aluminum is on the bottom of my boat. It seems pretty think, but short of drilling a hole (dumb idea) in it, I'm not really sure how to tell. All the seams are welded up and there isn't anywhere with an edge showing. I'd guess it's 3/16" and maybe even 1/4".

It's a 25 year old boat and I'd guess the hull has another 25 years in it. I wish outboards would last that long.