Thread: Sheep, what constitutes broken?

Default Sheep, what constitutes broken?

Exactly as title states, what exactly constitutes broken? The regs only include a photo, and don't give much guidance. Pretty much settled that I won't be counting rings atleast until I've got a little more hands on practice under my belt.

I've got an e-mail in to ADF&G, but I'd like to hear what everyone here says. Visible chipping on the horns? tips smashed flat ect?

If the horn is "shaved", meaning it is peeled or peeling on one side, they will consider that broomed. If the tip is rounded smooth to a nub, they'll call that broomed too.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
    Exactly as title states, what exactly constitutes broken? The regs only include a photo, and don't give much guidance. Pretty much settled that I won't be counting rings atleast until I've got a little more hands on practice under my belt.

I've got an e-mail in to ADF&G, but I'd like to hear what everyone here says. Visible chipping on the horns? tips smashed flat ect?
    a trip to the mountians
    a trip to the F&G office
    a trip to the trooper
    a triip to the court house
    a trip to the jail
    one more trip to the court house

a look at your wallet...

your broken
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Wink

Sorta like asking "what constitutes beauty?"

Short answer, you'll know it when you see it. Everyone knows what a beauty looks like and I would think most know what a whole horn is verses one that has been broken. Conjure up in your mind an image of Nancy Pelosi and then one of Marilyn Monroe. Any problems come up in making your decision? Nope didn't think so. Now conjure up an image in your mind of a sheep horn with it's lamb tip and again with the lamb tip broken off. Any problems come up in making your decision? If so, you might find yourself doing what Vince has vividly described.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Akres, I got as far as nancy peelinosi,

don't think I'll sleep well tonite or think of 'broomed sheep horns' the same way ever.......................................

I can't believe that I am actually sort of agreeing with AKres on this.

Even Nancy is not a virgin and theres the rub

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Even Nancy is not a virgin and theres the rub
    AW,
    Of course you are correct, sigh.....desperate folks will always be amongst us.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

No doubt about it Nancy is definately broken.. So it would seem that a horn could be broken one season then rubbed smooth the next and thus become unbroken...interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    No doubt about it Nancy is definately broken.. So it would seem that a horn could be broken one season then rubbed smooth the next and thus become unbroken...interesting...
    I think it might take more than one season to get the ugly rubbed off Nancy. But I certainly have saw more than one broken sheep horn rubbed clean round, like a tennis ball. Didn't have a bit of problem in recognizing it as being broomed though. Sometimes I think they do it on purpose, so they can see better.

In the case of Nancy, I think one would be better off praying to get struck blind.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~