Thread: Talon Air Service

Default Talon Air Service

Does anyone here have any info on Talon Air drop off caribou hunts. Just trying to get some input. Also about the mulchatna caribou herd.

Default Great people

I did a weeklong hunt in 2004 and thought they were very professional. His plane is sweet and totally clean. One of the child passengers from another party totally barfed as we were landing and puke ran all the way into the cockpit and back onto some of the gear. It was dripping into every nook and crany on the plane, and it stank like only vomit can.
    Our party was out first and I speculated that it would be impossible to get the smell out of there.............ever. One week later the plane was like new again and I didn't even get a whiff of leftover chum.
    Even had my truck backed up to the dock on arrival. Class act all the way around.

Ed

Default Talon Air

I hunted the Mulchatna herd many times with Talon Air and was always happy with their service. The last time I hunted with them was 2007 and had no trouble getting a Caribou. However, I've only seen one good bull in that area since 2004.

I gotta agree about Talon. Its been about 10 years since I flew out with them but there services was out of this world. They even re-routed in a 2nd beaver (no cost to us) cuz of the 18 sets of antlers our party had.

I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

Default Hunted with them last year

Did a week near Old Man Creek last year. Agree with the above sentiments about the plane and the service - very professional. Our hunt was challenging, with only small groups of caribou moving through, but we filled 2/4 tags. We saw nearly as many bears as caribou, and there were 2 wolf packs in the area as well. They made music for us every night. I would definitely drop hunt with Talon again, but be advised that the number of animals out there is down.
    RFM