Thread: skilak to bings question

Default skilak to bings question

I am looking to do some trips on the kenai this fall by renting a car and a raft from alaska canoe and campground.

If the weather is good I would like to float the middle as i like that area more than the upper. One question i have is about how long a row is it in a raft from the put in at skilak to the dunes (where it actully starts to flow). I have done this float with others that have a drift boat and motor. Seems like a good distance.

is there anyone that actully rents out raft with outboards?

Its a little over a mile, takes me less than a hour to row.

Default Short Row

I rowed it last year in near white caps in my SOAR Pro-Pioneer canoe and it took around 50 minutes with a headwind. I had to hug the shore close, but it was quite a bit quicker than I thought. I wouldn't worry about the outboard if I were you.

thanks for the info, if it takes and hour or less i'll probable just row.

Default Skilak to Bings

Brandon, the trip is about 12 miles long,, or about,,,
    I know you are planning on taking out at Bings landing, but you may want to float down even further,,
    a few weeks ago,, I was fishing below Moose river and above Morgans landing and we caught a rainbow that was over 30 inch's and several in the 24 to 26 range..
    if you have the time.. its not a bad trip..
    see you soon
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years.