Thread: Cabin on a remote lake in South Central to rent?

United States

Default Cabin on a remote lake in South Central to rent?

I am looking to rent a cabin for a weekend here and there. I have a float plane that is good for most lakes and on skiis in the winter. If you have a cabin on Shell, Hewitt, Judd, Trinity or the like in the Talkeetna, Susitna, Yetna, Skwentna, Lake Louise or Kenai areas and are willing to rent it..please send me a private message. Thanks.

Default Kenai NWR

Check out the cabins the USFWS has recently built and rebuilt in the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. They have about 6 or eight. I recall that a couple have boats too. They don't allow booking over the internet so they don't get booked up by outside tourists like the Alaska State Parks cabins or the USFS cabins. They can't be rented by commercial guides or outfitters. I took a bunch of fifth graders out to the only one that is road accessible (road plus canoe) on Dolly Varden lake down Swanson River road and it was really sweet. It cost $45/night. I'd have stayed there for a couple weeks if I had the time. 99% seclusion. Most of the others aren't as accessible and would be great.

Best of luck.