Thread: Kodiak Goat here we come.

Thumbs up Kodiak Goat here we come.

In less than 24 hrs we will be off on our first Kodiak Goat hunt. Having never hunted Goat before we had a lot of learning to do after drawing the tag.
    In Montana I applied for over 15 years and never drew and after moving here to AK it took only 2 years on this high percentage draw to get a tag. (DG477)
    I spent quite a few hours doing research. Quite a bit of info came from here (AOD), it’s members and moderators who gave advise on everything from food to gear, and except for the one guy who advised tying a Pork Chop to my leg and dragging to and from my camp to keep the bears away, seemed like good honest advice.
    I will be documenting my hunt with pictures and hopefully video, to help others such as myself who come here for info and advise.
    So come September 8th or so I will be able to report on our trip with my son, another AOD member (who I met here on this site).
    To start this thread we are leaving from Eagle River tomorrow (8.24.09), heading to Homer to spend the night at the ferry terminal for our departure at 5:00am to Kodiak.
    More on our return…………….
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Good luck BOB and I look forward to your pics and story!!

Default Go get em!

Sick em! Thats what my grandpa always said.

Smile Kodiak Goat here we come

Good Luck Bob....I know your enjoying your trip. I am looking forward to your pictures and stories upon your return.

Default Good Luck

There are nothing but possibilities in front of you. Be safe, and make it happen.

Default Beach Goats

I spent last night at my cabin in DG477. WOke up this morning to this guy in the garden.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous1 View Post
    I spent last night at my cabin in DG477. WOke up this morning to this guy in the garden.
    HAHA....thats a great pic. You must have already got your goat at the point I imaigne. I can't only dream one would come down to the salt like that for me.