Thread: Anchor River area

Default Anchor River area

Any updates in the waters around Anchor river for Silvers? Deep Creek or Ninilchik?

Not a whole lot...my dad and I have been out fishing everyday for the last week and a half, fishing different times/areas, etc, and have only pulled out one fish. We've seen a few caught but it seems like the people having the most success are the fly fishermen who are sort of flossing them...and today a seal came up with the tide.

Haven't seen a whole lot in Deep Creek, either.

It seems as though the fish are incredibly late this year...

Fish seem to be coming in now...my dad and I pulled out a few fish yesterday and today. But be warned: You just about have to bring your own piece of bank to fish. SO crowded, it's like we're on the Russian lol

Default crowds

Will the crowds be down by Sept. 9-19th

I hate combat fishing! But it is what it is

The fishing has been slow this year. Was up there a few weeks ago. Silvers were just starting to come in. No huge numbers at the weir. My future sister in-law works the Anchor River weir for AK Fish and Game. Last day we fished, used the same lures the entire day working up from the mouth. Fish were there, but didn't hit till we got to the bridge and hit on almost every other cast.