Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd degree of kindred

Default 2nd degree of kindred

Does anyone know how far out the 2nd degree of kindred goes? Would it include uncles?

I was also wondering about father/brother in law. I know my wife could but I don't think she would want to.

Default Page 27

It is specifically defined on page 27 of the regs. Here's a link if you don't have a hardcopy.
    http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/regul...fs/general.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by BrianPDX View Post
    I was also wondering about father/brother in law. I know my wife could but I don't think she would want to.

I know the reg specifically mentions those, but I didn't know if those examples in the book are just that or if that's the full extent of all included.

No for uncles/aunts/cousins. Yes for inlaws.

Kewl beans.

Default BIL

I'm a nonres and went dall sheep hunting w/my brother in law this year.

"This means he or she if not a registered guide must be your father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, spouse, grandparent, grandchild, brother/sister-in-law, son/daughter-in-law, father/mother-in-law, step father, step mother, step sister, step brother, step son or step daughter."
    Its the complete list, no cousins, uncles, etc. as Erik stated

Talking

I am thinking a Marriage of Convienence, with written Pre-Nuptual Agreement and a subsequent Annulment would be way cheaper than a Guide. Perhaps there is a Niche here for someone to start a new business. Might even be able to get a Grant from the Small Business Administration to get it started.

I know the military guys and gals do it real regular, just to get off base housing and more spending money in their pockets. So it can be done.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    I am thinking a Marriage of Convienence, with written Pre-Nuptual Agreement and a subsequent Annulment would be way cheaper than a Guide. Perhaps there is a Niche here for someone to start a new business. Might even be able to get a Grant from the Small Business Administration to get it started.

I know the military guys and gals do it real regular, just to get off base housing and more spending money in their pockets. So it can be done.
    Fraud?? You're just joking right?

How about a new drawing permit that allows resident to accompany any person (to be named on the application) on a sheep/goat/bear hunt? Not guiding for profit, just extending the second degree kindred exception a bit.

Default Another question

Does anyone know the answer to this or who to contact at the State to get an answer?

I have a half sister and I'd like to go hunting with her husband (basically my brother in law). They live out of state and are in Kuwait right now in the air force. We'd like to do a sheep hunt if a half brother in law falls into the 2nd degree of kindred. If not, we'll have to do a different hunt as we can't afford to pay a guide fee.

I have noticed that the F&G list is a little different from the state nepotism list:

F&G includes these:
    father
    mother
    brother
    sister
    son
    daughter
    spouse
    grandparent
    grandchild
    brother or sister in law
    son or daughter in law
    father or mother in law
    stepfather
    stepmother
    stepsister
    stepbrother
    stepdaughter
    stepson

So no mention of half relationships at all.

The State nepotism laws (second degree of kindred) include:
    all of the above in addition to half relationships (including relationships by blood and marriage).

Page 8 of this document:
    http://fin.admin.state.ak.us/dof/ak_...source/100.pdf

If anyone can provide information on this, I sure would appreciate it.

Also, if we are able to do this hunt, do we have to prove it in advance? How does he indicate this on his permit applications?

Thanks,
    Richard

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

oak man... there is no difference half or whole
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 11-06-2009 at 15:29. Reason: added the w for whole
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

What keeps people from bringing their buddy up and saying he is his brother in law? Do they check marriage licenses?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by CGSwimmer25 View Post
    What keeps people from bringing their buddy up and saying he is his brother in law? Do they check marriage licenses?

they do some checking on it. at some point... but if sited for anything... you can BET it will be invetigated. ... i know folks that got away with it and other that paid the fines, lost privlidges,

there was a large camp below mine,,, they watched becasue of all the brother in laws that came by every season. in that unit.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Question Whats wrong...

The first question posted by Wolfman is a good question.
    Following that, there were some question about fraud...
    Whats wrong with just being honest?
    The second degree of kindred is well defined in the regs, and several forum members have correctly pointed that out.
    The conseqences for fraud are not worth the discomfort of becoming a bandit, whether you are caught or not. (And frauds, both the fraud-out-of-state-hunter and the fraud-2nd-degree-of-kindred will be caught.)
    So whats wrong with being truthful.
    Is'nt that what we all taught our kids?

Dennis

Default 2nd Degree...

...could mean all of your friends and neighbors if you're from Arkansas... Sorry couldn't resist.

Default How do they...where do they check

I have always wondered what type of identification does my brother-in-law have to have to go hunting with me? How do they prove he is not my brother-in-law?

VERY simple, If you are legit you have nothing to worry about, otherwise it would be up to you to prove it in the court of law (if it were to come down to that). Personally, I don't think that would be a risk I'd be willing to take!

( I guess I can see why that would be so hard to comprehend).....*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by akroxy View Post
    I have always wondered what type of identification does my brother-in-law have to have to go hunting with me? How do they prove he is not my brother-in-law?
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Anyone know how "brother-in-law" is defined? As in, my sister's husband is my brother-in-law (clearly) but what about my wife's sister's husband (commonly referred to as my "brother-in-law")?

I sent this question to AKFG a couple of years ago, and was sent back in reply simply a cut-n-paste of the reg. Like duh, why do you think I asked?

The rule is not entirely clear - is it two degrees of kindred, or the list they provide? For example, an uncle IS within two degrees of kindred (from you to dad is one degree, from dad to brother is two degrees), but doesn't make that list (a list that appears to be exclusive). My guess is that perhaps this regulation has simply evolved over time, in a not-entirely consistent manner.

Talking

Here's another swing on things... What if your son was gay, and he married a man in a state that allowed gay marriage and is officially your son-in-law in that state. Since gay marriage isn't recognized in Alaska, is he legally your son-in-law in Alaska and could you take him brown bear hunting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast