Thread: Little Sue Help!

Default Little Sue Help!

I have tried everything to catch silvers out there this year. I have managed to land exactly one!!! I have tried up stream and down stream from the launch. Eggs, vibrax, flashtrap spinners, and flies. I simply cannot figure that river out. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Matt

Early in the morning<< you have to be casting at first light!!!!!!!! Chartruse Vibrox at Dawn, and you'll have a fish on!! Besides that you gotta know where they hang, but that I can't disclose!! Eggs will work too But I recommend being prepared with both,, if they are mouthing eggs throw a vibrox out and you;'ll probaly hook up>> Change colors often iif the bite stops.. Also know it is a small river and they get finicky,, moving out of the hole if u spook them<< if your in a boat keep um in net when landing them<< dont let um pound in the boat the rest will move out>> But they will come back< if ur quiet and patient. MORNING fishing is by far the BEST!!!! Good Luck, if you want to go sometime IM me<< u pay the bills and I'll helpu out.

Quote Originally Posted by sawltydog View Post
    Good Luck, if you want to go sometime IM me<< u pay the bills and I'll helpu out.

SD. I'll be up again next year. can I get the same offer?
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

I think bait is more often the best. Dead drift bait slowly along the bottom on bends. Adjust cast location and weight if no hookup every few minutes. Freshen up bait often .I use smaller hooks-#6 gamakats with a loop. I do not soak bait for an hour for 1 fish on a y stick. They are either there or not, and interested or not. Sometimes its worth paying the "learning curve fee" and going with a guide for some pointers at least once if your having that much trouble. It can be a very subtle difference in what they are doing vs you and they are on the river daily. Can even be the difference in line weight/diameter and the drift that occurs because of it or even the leader lenght between the weights and bait. I paid the fee this year for kings and did well, and learned lots. Good luck.

Default Little Su

Hey ysr-racer I will be happy to help you out next year.

Greg

Id like to go catch some myself but not real familiar with area so if anyone would want to help out/tag along Id be appreciative. Can reply here or send me a PM.

saturday morning we had 9 in the boat in about an hour and half... all vibrax #4. ive yet to have them hit eggs this year, not even once. they also like this one chrome spinner that has a couple egg beads on it. i caught that lure with my vibrax and its payed off many times since.
    board count read 86 that day

Quote Originally Posted by akgiauque View Post
    Hey ysr-racer I will be happy to help you out next year.

Greg
    Thanks Greg,

I usually come up the first week in August to shoot at an event at Grouse Ridge in Wasilla. Here's what I wrote a few years ago: http://www.ysr-racer.com/sporting_cl...State_2007.pdf

I'll send you a PM next July. It's never to early to start planning
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com