Thread: Fairbanks Trapping?

Default Fairbanks Trapping?

I recently moved to Fairbanks from Ketchikan and am interested in doing some trapping this winter. My only issue is that I dont wont to step on any toes. I am sure that there are established lines in the area I live in and being the new guy, I dont want to tick anyone off. I live right near the Gilmore Trail. Does anyone have any ideas on how to ethically approach setting a line without upsetting anyone?

Default toes a-plenty

Lots of trappers around Fairbanks. However, I'd suggest hitting up an ATA meeting. I've had issues w/this route but that is the best place and you'll find LOTS of knowledgeable folk. Again, it's real crowded there, and a lot don't want to let many know where they trap for fear of people moving in on them.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Default fairbanks

Good luck finding a trapping area around Fairbanks unless you just want a short little hobby line, I looked for a couple years till I took over someone elses line. It takes time, persistence, and you have to get to know people in the community. The ATA is a good start, good luck