Thread: Anything still in Montana Creek?

Default Anything still in Montana Creek?

Thinking about taking the kids up for some more pink and chum action and hopefully a silver or two to keep. Anyone been up lately?

was there on the 18th and the pinks were still in there but they had thined out quite a bit. we got 6 silvers and 3 chums, and there were also others down there catching silvers so they are in there

I heard the silvers are slowly making it into Rabideaux also. Might be worth a try, it is not much further up the road. I walked down to the mouth of Goose creek last monday. Nothing but spawned out pinks and chums. I don't think Goose creek is what it used to be.
    That's what she said...

Quote Originally Posted by matjpow View Post
    I heard the silvers are slowly making it into Rabideaux also. Might be worth a try, it is not much further up the road. I walked down to the mouth of Goose creek last monday. Nothing but spawned out pinks and chums. I don't think Goose creek is what it used to be.
    I was on Goose 2 weeks ago and it was *WHITE HOT* for silvers! (Using roe of course!) Typically, the 2nd week of August is the peak for that fishery...

I was with 8 people (6 of whom had never salmon fished) and everybody limited out!