Thread: Recommendation needed for place that smokes fish

Default Recommendation needed for place that smokes fish

I usually take my fish to Indian Valley to get it smoked. They've always done me a great job. They told me they're switching over to game processing after August, so if I don't come up with some silvers next week I'll have to go elsewhere.

Does anyone have suggestions for a reliable Anchorage area place to get fish smoked? I know of several, but I've had no personal experience with any of them.

(I'd smoke them myself but we have rules against it in my neighborhood.... probably just as well, since I once forgot to soak my wood chips and someone called the fire department when it looked like my place was on fire with the clouds of smoke the thing was cranking out....)

Thanks for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibico View Post
    I usually take my fish to Indian Valley to get it smoked. They've always done me a great job. They told me they're switching over to game processing after August, so if I don't come up with some silvers next week I'll have to go elsewhere.

Does anyone have suggestions for a reliable Anchorage area place to get fish smoked? I know of several, but I've had no personal experience with any of them.

(I'd smoke them myself but we have rules against it in my neighborhood.... probably just as well, since I once forgot to soak my wood chips and someone called the fire department when it looked like my place was on fire with the clouds of smoke the thing was cranking out....)

Thanks for any advice.
    A buddy of mine had a bunch of reds done by Alaska Game and Sausage and was pretty happy with the product. I'm pretty sure you can sample the various types and choose what you want. He did say the other day, though, after trying some of my Little Chief smoked sockeye, that mine was better.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

i will smoke them for you, you give me one fish i smoke one fish for you.. 1 for 1 deal.
    Semper Fi!