Thread: Good Lake Fly Fishing?

Default Good Lake Fly Fishing?

Where is some good lake fly fishing around the valley? I've fished Finger Lake Trolling and also Kepler bradley, but both with spinnin' rigs. Anything good for fly fishing?

Dude, keplar Bradley has some of the best flyfishing around. Once you learn how to fish them, you will never have a "slow day".

Default Thanks

Thanks, I've only really lake fished at finger, and that better for trollin' cause its such a large lake. Also have fished little Loberg lake, caught a few 12-14's. A guy at my work was trollin and caught a nice 24" bow!

Try Long Lake in the Kepler-Bradley Complex. If you have a float tube the better you are. It's catch and release. There are some large Rainbows in there.

Default Sink tip lines key

For the larger Rainbows get a type III sink tip line and some size 2-4 black leech imitiations. Also some size 6 yellow marabou muddlers. My two favorite patterns. troll along the edges of dropoffs and weedbeds in your float tube. Canoe Lake is also good for both 'bows and grayling. You may also be able to get some dry fly action in the evenings for the grayling. Of course you'll have to switch back to the floating line for that. There are alot of small float tube size lakes in the valley If you go on adf&g website you can get lake maps & stocking info which can be very helpful.