Thread: Leaving for haul road in the am

Default Leaving for haul road in the am

WELL FINALLY READY, DAY LATE. TOOK OVER A WEEK TO GET EVERYTHING READY TO GO, AND THAT WAS BECAUSE MY SON DID A HUGE AMOUNT TO HELP ME GET READY. PARTNER HAD TO CANCEL SO I'M HEADING OUT SOLO. SON IS COMING UP IN 12 DAYS AFTER HIS SHEEP HUNT.

HOPE TO MEET SOME OF THE FOLKS FROM HERE UP THERE.
    Last edited by AK NIMROD; 08-20-2009 at 23:08. Reason: COULDN'T SPELL SHEEP
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default good luck

I'll send you a pm w/ my contact info. When you hit Fairbanks (either direction), if you need something, feel free to call. Looks like you are traveling in comfort.
    Drive safe, have a great trip.
    ARR

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Default we are on our way

Well its a little before 2am and we are just south of Fairbanks. Will be there by Friday afternoon--nap times depending. Were in a smoke colored long bed quad cab dodge with camper shell. If you see us, stop and say howdy--were hard to miss--we look like a couple of fat kid twins.

Good luck and safe travel.

Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

hope you have a great time!

Thumbs up

I'll be overnighting in FAI on the 13th and grabbing breakfast on the way out on Monday the 14th if anyone is interested in a breakfast gathering!

Taylor

-[]------->

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    I'll be overnighting in FAI on the 13th and grabbing breakfast on the way out on Monday the 14th if anyone is interested in a breakfast gathering!

Taylor

-[]------->
    well as long as i am not out in the hills i will gladly meet up with ya!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default I too am headed up....

and would welcome meeting up with any folks. I am planning on heading up sometime around the first or second (hopefully - having tonsils out on the 27th - so we'll see the recovery time...after all, I am only 42).
    So,
    I drive a '96 Ford F250 Diesel, with a Cache Camper camper shell on top. Lot's to do to get prepared between now and tonsil time....

Hope to see folks up there!

Thumbs up

In my case, just look for the Wiggy-bago! '90 Chevy Van, White. Probably be spending my time between Bonanza Creek and Coldfoot.

See ya there!

Taylor

-[]------->

Default leaving Friday

Hey mark hope to see up there! Heading up Friday for about 8 days .The hodag

Thumbs up

I can only hope to benefit from your hunt report. I won't be north of the bridge until the 14th.

Leave one for me tied to a tree would ya. And not visible from the road. Don't want him shot with a rifle in the name of subsistence!

Have a great hunt!

Taylor

-[]------->