Thread: St. Croix Legen Elite

Default St. Croix Legen Elite

Anyone use this rod? Getting an 8wt and want some feed back.

Nope. I got the Legend Ultra after reading reviews on the Elite and Ultra. I was pretty set on the Elite until I read up a bit online. The Legend Ultra is one of my favorite rods. Not familiar with the Elites personally, but I would think they should be very nice. I remember reading some criticisms over the way they cast though. Can't remember specifically, perhaps too fast or something to do with how the rods load. But you know what they say about opinions and asholes

Just an FYI, The Sage Xi2 is on sale at many places. Sounds like the Xi3 is coming out soon. Cabelas has them marked down $200. See the Sage Xi2 thread for more info. Link below to Cabelas. They have the XP marked down as well. Just thought I would make mention of it....

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...430&hasJS=true

Below is a fly shop in Orlando I have bought rods from before. Good shop and nice folks. They have a Sage Xi2 6 wt 4pc for $402 ($270 off). They also show a Sage Launch 6 wt 4 pc for $135.

http://www.flyfishermaninc.com/sales.html

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default thanks

Dana,

Thanks for your input and other reccomendations but I am set on the St. Croix. I bought a used Avid off ebay and it broke the other day and after looking at their warranty (which is awesome) I noticed they have a program where you can send in your old rod, broken or not and use the full price of a new model of that kind and apply it to the price of a higher end model. This is a really cool program from St. Croix and unique amongst rod companies in my experience. My rod had the cork handle snapped in half after an unfortunate ATV accident and they didn't care, the gave me a 250 dollar credit toward the purchase of the Elite. Considering I bought the avid for 150 online it came out to where i only paid 60% of what an Elite would have cost based on their great warranty program.

Sounds sweet man. Nice exchange program for sure. I hope you enjoy that new Elite.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default St Croix Legend Elite

A comparison test compaired 14 of the top 8 wt. fly rods. A little surprising results. St. Croix tested well. yellowstoneangler.com/FlyRodComparisonon8weightrodsAlbrightG.LoomisG-loomisOrvisScottTempleforkTFOThomasandThom... I currently have a 8 wt St. Croix Legend Elite, a 8 wt Sage Z-Axis, and a Dan Craft 7 wt Ft up lined to 8 wt Sharkskin Trout Taper all 9 ft. I have fished them hard for 2 weeks from the Parks Hwy to the Kenai Penn and heading over to Valdez and up the Glen Hwy for a couple more weeks and all rods are great. The Dan Craft FT is my favorite but broke the tip already like last year. It is a casting machine. Sterlingbp