Thread: Polaris ATV repair information???

Default Polaris ATV repair information???

I am in Anchorage and I am looking to purchase books for my 2005 Sportsman 700. I Have called Marita Sea and Ski and they told me that it would at least a week or longer, I then asked if I could overnight them and they told me that it would cost more for the shipping than the book. Any help would be great.

Thank you
    Moose

Call Chris at Hatchers, 495-INDY

Something specific your looking to fix?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.p...service-manual

$19.99 ..print out what you want. Clickable table of contents.

I downloaded the complete maintenance and repair manual for my 2007 Grizzly off the internet, I think I paid $20 for it and got it instantly, then I promptly emailed copies to the people I know that have one. A basic Google search should turn up something for you, or maybe someone here has an electronic version they'd give you.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I downloaded the complete maintenance and repair manual for my 2007 Grizzly off the internet, I think I paid $20 for it and got it instantly, then I promptly emailed copies to the people I know that have one. A basic Google search should turn up something for you, or maybe someone here has an electronic version they'd give you.
    **coughs** Nice gesture but I wouldn't advertise that

dude - get a library card!

It won't be the polaris factory manual if that's what you're after, but I'd bet a beer your local book repository has a copy of what you seek. The factory manuals are ok, but they are usually written for a trained factory technician - sometimes they don't quite explain everything quite as well as I need them too. When doing serious repairs I usually flip between the factory book and the clymers/chiltons/etc aftermarket book.

Go online and order your own since you'll probably want it long term anyway, but use the library's until your friendly neighborhood letter carrier delivers your copy.

personally I hate electronic repair manuals...my laptop gets so dirty when I have it spread out in the garage trying to work on something! (and I'm too cheap to print it out!)

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default NOt sure how often i have to say this but.....

P ull
    O ff
    L ake
    A nd
    R epair
    I n
    S pring

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Here is a copy of the only repair manual you need.
    Attached Images Attached Images

well sure Vince but this a wheeler not a sled!

Did you get the heated tailgate option on your ford? You know...so your buddies hands don't get cold while they push you through the intersection!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by akjw7 View Post
    well sure Vince but this a wheeler not a sled!

Did you get the heated tailgate option on your ford? You know...so your buddies hands don't get cold while they push you through the intersection!
    mine only cost 200 bucks on that ranger... i will leave it there...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

that's more like it!